DD playing in All County Senior game and her HS coach wants her to put on her uniform at the game location

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
I doubt he would need to process more than a few. Either way do what you can do to play and in the process burn as few a bridges as possible (yeah, yeah..look who's talking.. ;))
DD is the only one from our district playing in the game. So a total of one uniform that needs to be dealt with. We are done with the district after she graduates, and she completed all the coursework a month ago. I don't intend on burning any bridges, but I don't know if there are any bridges left to burn.

Jun 8, 2016
DD is the only one from our district playing in the game. So a total of one uniform that needs to be dealt with. We are done with the district after she graduates, and she completed all the coursework a month ago. I don't intend on burning any bridges, but I don't know if there are any bridges left to burn.
Knock yourself out then 🤷🏽‍♂️

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Side question, do high school uniforms usually cost that much?

A single jersey, belt, pants, and pair of socks was around $100 for us this year, but it easily could've been more had we chosen to go a more expensive route. But you can't just replace one jersey. You need to order 5-6 at minimum, and often colors don't quite match if they're not from the same batch of ink. Then you have items being out of stock, shipping delays, etc. and it's really a giant hassle to order fill-ins because a few kids didn't return the uniforms.

I'm assuming some of the cost is for the price of the uniform and the rest is to compensate for all the issues caused by not returning the uniforms. In addition to the cost, the school should also refuse to release final grades (and refuse to send transcripts to colleges for seniors).

Anyway, I have no idea why the coach is being difficult. Maybe he thought it would be easier to just give it to her at the game so nobody had to make an extra trip (to the school, to someone's house, whatever). It's reasonable to want it sooner. This could be a big nothing.

Jan 11, 2015
The district had told the girls they would be charged $150 if they didn't return the uniform at the end of the season. A deposit might simplify the matter but I don't see any reason why I would have to go through leaving a deposit. Since the coaches association running the game has not informed us if a locker room will available to change in, are we to expect her to change in a bathroom?

Side question, do high school uniforms usually cost that much?
Is changing in the bathroom a big deal? Sounds like something they would tell us umpires lol. We always out dressing and getting changed in the parking lot so maybe I dont feel like its a big deal. Maybe they have had problems in the past with losing uniforms.

She already used to being dressed when arriving to the field you said so could have her already wearing all the undergarments and similar looking pants. Just slip on the top inside the car. Bam dressed in under a minute

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
Sounds like you had issues with him to begin with
Many people do. There is an Board of Education trustee who is looking to get him removed from coaching any team and has asked a few of us to come forward to the Athletic Director to discuss the problems he has created.

Mar 8, 2016
Interesting to me how much different kids are. DD always wore sliding shorts or spandex shorts and a t-shirt till the 15 minute warning from the ballpark. She would then get dressed in the vehicle. Used to drive me crazy at the younger ages. I would try my best to get her to dress before we left. Definitely falls under the category of things I should have not worried about. When I invent my time machine and get my 12 year old softball player back it is one of 1000 things I will change. I can appreciate that other girls would not like this approach.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying