DD playing in All County Senior game and her HS coach wants her to put on her uniform at the game location

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
DD will be playing in the Senior Game at a local college. The coaches association told the girls they are to play in their high school uniforms. DD emailed her coach, as the district's Athletic Director instructed her to do, to ask for her uniform in advance of the game. His reply,

"I will bring it to the game and you can return it to me after the game."

She does not want to change into her uniform at the game. Throughout the high school season all of her teammates arrived to the games already in uniform. She has not even been informed whether a locker room will be available at the college. This is all she and I know of the situation. Based on all of this is there any reason I shouldn't be insisting that she get her uniform earlier, so she can change at home.

Edit-I emailed the coach saying,
"She wants to put on her uniform, at home, before leaving for the game. When on Monday, anytime, or Tuesday before 2pm, can I pick up her uniform.
I will take personal responsibility for returning her uniform to you or the Athletics Office the next day."

I'm curious to see how he responds to this.

Last edited:
May 22, 2019
Rural northeast
$100 deposit
The district had told the girls they would be charged $150 if they didn't return the uniform at the end of the season. A deposit might simplify the matter but I don't see any reason why I would have to go through leaving a deposit. Since the coaches association running the game has not informed us if a locker room will available to change in, are we to expect her to change in a bathroom?

Side question, do high school uniforms usually cost that much?

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
OHHH MY the laughter and smile on my face because of this scenario.

Seriously ask the coaches association hand over the uniform let the young lady dress appropriately before she leaves the house and they will get the uniform back to them in a timely fashion once it's been cleaned. If they don't acknowledge that my suggestion is compile whatever softball clothing she already has an old Jersey, practice t-shirt, sliders pants put together a uniform and show up in that! Just in case.

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
The district had told the girls they would be charged $150 if they didn't return the uniform at the end of the season. A deposit might simplify the matter but I don't see any reason why I would have to go through leaving a deposit. Since the coaches association running the game has not informed us if a locker room will available to change in, are we to expect her to change in a bathroom?

Side question, do high school uniforms usually cost that much?
Does your kid want to play? If so either do what the coach wants or try and solve the issue he is worried about. Is he being dumb about it? Sure, but there is no reason to die on that hill imo 🤷🏽‍♂️

radness

Dec 13, 2019
They may be handing out many uniforms that might be the easier process at the game.
Agree, The alumni game is the goal. The uniform issue is a bump in the road. Maybe she already has pants that will match the uniform just have to change the Jersey.

Would still wear something that you have just in case he doesn't bring anything. Just sayin 🤷‍♀️

Jun 8, 2016
He may be handing out many uniforms that might be the easier process at the game.
Agree, The alumni game is the goal. The uniform issue is a bump in the road. Maybe she already has pants that will match the uniform just have to change the Jersey.

Would still wear something that you have just in case he doesn't bring anything. Just sayin 🤷‍♀️
Sounds like it is an All Star game..I doubt he would need to process more than a few. Either way do what you can do to play and in the process burn as few a bridges as possible (yeah, yeah..look who's talking.. ;))

radness

Dec 13, 2019
Sounds like it is an All Star game..I doubt he would need to process more than a few. Either way do what you can do to play
Yeah perhaps, coaches association might include multiple schools.🤷‍♀️

Still would show up ready to play in something just in case!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brkou812