Shaved Bats - How big is the market?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
Looks like your everyday high end bat site; right? Until you look a little closer. The market must be pretty big for there to be a bunch of fancy sites advertising all the big name fastpitch bats, preshaved. Is this FP's dirty little secret? Is this how you develop a triple threat lefty? This is one of many.

batshavingsite.jpg

Aug 20, 2013
I remember searching through craigslist adds a while back looking for a specific bat in other area's of the country and noticing that certain areas had tons of adds for rolling/shaved bats where other areas had none. I'm willing to bet that this is a "problem" in certain regions more than others based on the availability, etc.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I may be naïve but I do not think it is an Issue.

If I had the equipment laying around I would sell them too, for HR derbies only.

If they change the ball cor and make it harder to hit the ball over the fence it might become a problem.

Apr 8, 2013
I would hate for my daughter to use a shaved bat and injure someone. Then have the injured party trace back to you that you the parent bought your daughter a shaved bat.

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
Most of the time they tell you they shave or roll them when they do not.

Some even say NEW BAT AND ILL SHAVE AND ROLL IT FOR YOU when they should be saying USED BAT AND ILL SAY I SHAVED ROLLED IT SO U WONT QUESTION THE LACK OF WRAPPER< WARRANTY AND RECEIPT>AND ITS LIGHT USE

so they get full price or more

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Most of the time they tell you they shave or roll them when they do not.

Some even say NEW BAT AND ILL SHAVE AND ROLL IT FOR YOU when they should be saying USED BAT AND ILL SAY I SHAVED ROLLED IT SO U WONT QUESTION THE LACK OF WRAPPER< WARRANTY AND RECEIPT>AND ITS LIGHT USE

so they get full price or more

What? Are you implying that cheaters would be dishonest? Say it ain't so!

coachbob

Banned
Apr 26, 2012
SoCal
I may be naïve but I do not think it is an Issue.

If I had the equipment laying around I would sell them too, for HR derbies only.

If they change the ball cor and make it harder to hit the ball over the fence it might become a problem.

Never mind that. How did you get the umlaut over the I in naive?

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Looks like your everyday high end bat site; right? Until you look a little closer. The market must be pretty big for there to be a bunch of fancy sites advertising all the big name fastpitch bats, preshaved. Is this FP's dirty little secret? Is this how you develop a triple threat lefty? This is one of many.

View attachment 7556

So what did you select? You gotta get the coating! Lol

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
Pasted the text in from Word. :)

You gave away the secret!

I spent a number of years as a scientific programmer. Word was great for getting Swedish and Greek letters. For example, Å is the symbol for Ångstrom, which is a unit used in measuring the size of atoms and molecues (10 e-10 meters).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom