Second Video of Lessons

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 1, 2011
So, everything that was in the first video that made your legs hurt just watching it...yeah, they did a condensed version of those before the rest of the stuff on this video. Temperature touched 98 today. DD usually does work out in full gear, but we're not idiots. Let her work in half gear when necessary today. You can tell at some points that she was getting pretty tired. Nonetheless, I'm proud at how hard she's working. Have some throwing on this one. She's got 2 pretty good throws to 2B and a couple to 3B. Ball handling time I got under a second a couple of times. Blocking looks SOOO much better than it did a month ago.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8iwjG6QC8tGVXJmdkY3aVZFLWM/edit

Thanks,

Josh

May 31, 2012
Just a bucket dad here. Passed balls play at the plate. Sprint, slide, throw. Sprint to the ball, slide on shin guards to the ball(get the hip angle set for throwing while sliding) throw the ball overhand from the knees. aim for pitchers glove. Staying down seems to be quicker than picking ball up and standing up to throw. Blocking did look good. What age?

May 1, 2011
She turned 10 in March. They did work on sliding some. They will work more. That's how I would like her doing it. Just her getting back there and making a firm throw is a MASSIVE improvement. Thanks for the feedback for sure.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Is this still 11 inch ball, for her? If so, introduce the 12 inch from time to time. She might like the change and it might be fun.

May 1, 2011
We're breaking out the 12's after Florida next week. SHE EXCITED. Chaz can give more ensight to why leave it on, but the way I look at it, they already have to turn and find the ball. Why add something else to do that slow down the process. New helmets have better range of view IMO too.

Nov 29, 2009
One thing. On the throws down to 3rd. She needs to take a step back and to the side to clear a batter in the RH batters box. Put someone there as the batter and make her work around them. The same thing with the throws to 1st. She needs to learn how to adjust her footwork when there are hitters there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeTD&Coach