Scary Day for Us!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I fractured my L2 and L1 (lower back) in a car accident years ago. No surgery but wore a turtle shell for 3 months. Happened in Oct, was playing when ball rolled around again in April ( I did a little strength training on my own as I was not gonna miss time). Believe me, running hurt...every time my foot hit the ground, the pain was in my lower back. Went thru that season being more of a singles/gap hitter as I had to develop the strength back in my lower back to rotate with power. But no effects and my game was as good as new after that time.

I will say, I live every day with a constant stiff back feeling. But I will take it as when I was in the hospital, the doc told me half the people don't walk after my issue.

I guess what I'm saying is it def is a blessing no surgery was needed and wanted to let you know that she can def be 100% again. But tell her, its a very used out phrase. But the saying, "no pain, no gain" should be in her mind when she gets out of the brace.

Prayers with her and glad nothing more severe was done.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I don't even want to think about what must have been going through your mind. Bad luck to have the accident, good luck that it wasn't worse. She just needs to recover now.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Aw man! So sorry to hear, but so happy her spinal cord is ok.
My father in law fell down the basement stairs this summer and fractured his c6 and c7. Supposed to be in a brace 12 weeks, but only needed 8. He said yesterday he doesn't even feel like anything happened now, no pain. Hoping she heals that well.

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Doug, sorry for such a scare.. Sure is a reality check on what's really important.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom