rules....

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
play at the plate. Girl out by three steps. Runner Comes barreling into our catcher after the play is over. Umpire calls her out before the collision. I understand that there is not a slide rule. Only because the slide can be dangerous not because you can run over the player but because some kids cannot slide. The rule is you have to slow down change pass or avoid contact the no slide lol does not mean you can barrel the defender over. Let's say she had the ball and it was a close play..can she run the catcher over..hell no she can't...y is the fact that it was nowhere near a close play matter...it doesn't and the idiot ump used the don't have to slide rule all wrong....and this was not the first play Luke this from this team...and DA boot the team was the commissioners team which once again is against the rules.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2013
I am not sure why another runner would be called out.

I am not positive about this but the umpire might have a few calls here.

First is the runner out or safe.
Second was an unsportsman conducted by the runner, eject the runner.

This is what I am not sure about.

If the unsportsman like conduct allows runners to advance the umpire places the runners back to the base they think they would have reached without the unsportsman like conduct.

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
Runner was out and it was horribky blatant...three steps or so after she was called out. Thats ejection all day.

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
If you are not sure then dont answer...dont need a guess...rule clearly says malitious intent...player ejected and runner closest to home is out..she was already called out...calling her out again is stupid common sense tells you this..also i already answered half ur questions in my original post..did u half read the post?

Feb 26, 2013
The catcher has full equipment on. Anyone who wants to run her over is dumb and will probably end up hurting herself more. This is why the catcher should leave her helmet on all of the time. I would not get worked up about it.

I don't think a penalty would be on any other runner. The penalty would be on ejecting the player.

Big German!

Banned
Mar 3, 2014
Runner is called out. Period per interference rule. Imo she should have been ejected

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kstitz44