Cow Bell noise maker during live baall play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 29, 2015
You are missing my point.

You said it is a tournament director policy (PGF, etc.) and that NFHS does not have a rule. I wasn’t disagreeing and was taking it to the next level: in some states, the state NFHS association DOES have rules.

What is screwy in Illinois is that it ONLY applies during the post season. Legal the rest of the year.

Back to a more salient point then … the noisemaker may not be illegal, but what is done with it may be.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
I believe the point is consistency. If a rule is a rule then why not have the rule enforced for the entire season? I also think that this would be a good rule to implement regardless of association.
Yes it's an important factor.
if the rules aren't consistent why would anybody else be
Some noise
no noise
yes noise
Bring the Noise
don't noise
please noise...

WOW do what you want ?

Feb 16, 2024
I have been told by Head Umpire, at a USA Tournament, that artificial noise makers are not allowed according to USA softball rules. True or False?

Dec 15, 2018
CT
I have been told by Head Umpire, at a USA Tournament, that artificial noise makers are not allowed according to USA softball rules. True or False?

Rules Supplement 49. F. The use of artificial noisemakers during championship play is prohibited.

Though, that is in reference to the sporting behavior of teams (players and coaches), not the fans.

Feb 16, 2024
Rules Supplement 49. F. F. The use of artificial noisemakers during championship play is prohibited.

Though, that is in reference to the sporting behavior teams (players and coaches), not the fans.
They applied it to fans and teams. I think it was the best choice. The parents were getting rowdy.

Jun 4, 2024
Earth
During a college game with stadium seating a young person walking behind the fence belched really loud...
it was A Mega Burp ??
Our team on the field,
could see our left fielder raise her hands up in the air like what the heck. I got out of my catching Crouch and stepped to the side and said loudly 'it wasn't me'. ?
The game continued.

If noises are distracting your players...
better start getting some loud noises to implement during training!
Train for the game!

May 29, 2015
Rules Supplement 49. F. The use of artificial noisemakers during championship play is prohibited.

Though, that is in reference to the sporting behavior of teams (players and coaches), not the fans.

Also in that section on "unsporting behaviors" . . .

Don't be a slob, your jersey must be tucked in.*

Don't roll your sleeves, you're not a 1950s' greaser.

Don't be a punk, hats must be worn with the bill forward.

Players' exposed undergarments must match. (You thought picking jerseys was bad, are you making sure they all have the same sports bra on, just in case?)

Yes, we are moving to an age where the governing bodies are trying to minimize umpire/fan interactions, so we can no longer control fans in many codes. The site director/tournament director must take care of that.

*Sadly, I knew an umpire who ejected a catcher for being too big for her jersey and it wouldn't stay tucked in. I know the catcher, too, so I was able to confirm the story. I say "knew" because he passed away a few years ago.

Jun 18, 2023
What about relentless jeering of the opposing pitcher at 10u? Anyone have thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

loudly complain to the ump "that's an illegal pitch!" on every pitch because she never brings her hands together and/or slides her foot forward before pitching and/or has some wacky waving arm motion pre-pitch.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
T Town travel coach