Reviews for TPS Xeno?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2008
The XENO is great when it's "hot" and doesn't take long at all to break in BUT...

Now that DD has used it for a few months (coach's bat not hers), it seems dead already. Could be because half the team is using this bat of course. But just wondering if anyone else had thought that the Xeno is quick to break in, but also quick to die out?

Jul 26, 2010
Not sure, but I've gone through the same thing with CF4's when you get situations where the whole damn team wants to use the same bat. Composite bats just aren't designed to be used in this way for extended periods of time. They all have a certain number of swings in them, when you use them up, you throw it away.

-W

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My DD went to a clinic with Crystl Bustos and she told the girls that unless there is a crack or break in the bat, they just get hotter. I've always heard that they go dead after awhile as well, so I was surprised to hear her say that. Apparently, she has a favorite bat that she's been using for several years. For the life of me, I can't remember the brand as it was over a year ago.

Nov 30, 2010
Bustos is correct for some bats......the original Yellow catalysts and original rocketech's (Blue) just get hotter and hotter. I have my (16YR old) oldest daughters' 30" & 31" catalyst and rocketech's reserved for my 6 year old, I occaisionally have her swing the tech and yes it is sick...she can hit the ball out of the infield with authority. Some of the newer bats just die out....for instance tonight my oldest just ckacked her CF4 in half at the barrel at her weekly hitting lesson during flips???? Go figure??? Time to check out the Xeno!!!

May 7, 2008
Tucson
I use the 32 inch Catalyst and can attest to it just getting hotter. I loaned it out to a girl to use at 14U, last week.

I keep trying to locate some more of them, even if they are blue - but I don't want to spend $100.00, just to donate them.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd