Reviews for TPS Xeno?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 5, 2008
My DD (13) uses that exact bat. She loves it and hits very well with it. She used the 33/23 during state tourney, but after I had the chance to swing both the 33 & the 32, I had her switch to the 32 - it felt like a better fit for me (33 too long) and my DD is shorter than I am so I figured it would work better for her too.

I kinda wish her coach had the -9 though...not sure how different a feel that would be, but I just rather have 23oz.

Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
Thanks, Stacie.

My DD is also 13, 14 next month and is only 5' 2". She used a 31/21 CF4 this year and hit well with it, but her hitting coach says she's ready to move up. We're leaving for a tourney next weekend, so hope to have it in early enough she can swing it a couple of days before we leave.

Did it take long to break in?

Oct 22, 2010
Tps xeno

My batting coach let me try her Demo of this bat. The pop that comes off this barrel is far better than the Easton, Worth and Demarini that I own. The bat is broken in with less than 30 swings. The core heats up very quickly. The barrel is slightly end loaded and it has helped me keep my shoulders behind my hands. I purchased my own because I liked her demo so much. Her demo was a 32/22 and I never noticed that it was larger than what I normally swing. I have moved up to a 32/22 and I never knew the difference. My mom is a former Division I college scholarship player and she loves the amount of pop that this bat has. The sound off the barrel is a little different than a composite bat, but the results are amazing.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2008
I think it's far and away the best bat on the market. For the past several years (minus the Clarity year) the Easton bats or the Demarinis have been the favorite. After recruiting this summer and watching the ball's exit speed off the TPS Xeno, we purchased our team some of those, too. Everyone wanted to like the new 2011 Easton Stealths the best, because they loved several of the subsequent year's models. But about two swings with the Xeno convinced almost everyone on the team that this was the bat to swing. We had to purchase several more to accomodate us through practices. They are signifantly better than our 2010 and 2011 Easton Stealth and Synergy models, as well as significantly better than the Demarini CF4.

Luci is right, the bat does sound different because it has aluminum. It's a funny sound to get used to, but when you're driving the ball like you will with this bat, you'll end up loving the sound.

In my opinion, they're almost dangerously hot. There is no doubt the ball jumps off that bat quicker than our other ones. I will be interested to see if it remains legal.

Last edited:
Nov 5, 2009
St. Louis MO
My DD used the Xeno in a tournament this weekend and loved it! She batted .666 for the weekend. All of her hits except one were line drives to the outfield. In her mind, the bat is magic. It has nothing to do with the many hundreds of $$ spent on hitting lessons and hundreds of hours practicing, lol. The bat definitely has more pop than the CF4. Her instructor warned us that it wouldn't sound like any other bat. It sounds like glass breaking when she hits the ball. Thank you for your recommendations.

Nov 8, 2010
I am not surprised that your daughters are enjoying the immediate performance from the TPS Xeno. Throughout all of our product testing and player feedback we were encouraged by the performance level and the lack of vibration at contact. The Xeno features our new exclusive S1iD technology that unlike most ‘post 2008’ bats allows it to perform at its peak performance level from Swing 1. With the new certification standards (ABI Testing) that have been implemented into the game, most (if not all) composite bats have been designed to perform at a lower level “out of the wrapper” giving them the potential to “break in” throughout their life span. What we learned is that most girls were never fully capable of “breaking in” their composite bats to achieve the maximum performance before the bat fails. The TPS Xeno features the new S1iD technology -- within the barrel of the bat, we have inserted two aluminum disks that create a larger sweet spot, and allows the bat to perform at its peak performance without “breaking it in”. This technology is also the reason for the unique sound you hear when a player make contact with the ball. When a ball hits the bat, the barrel walls flex to make contact with those aluminum disks, which in turn creates what some describe as a “glass breaking” sound. You can check out a technology video at YouTube - sluggernation's Channel.

-Louisville Slugger Fastpitch Representative
“Hear the Difference, Feel the Power!”

Mar 13, 2010
Honestly, TPS are always better bats. My current bat is a Demarini, and that was only because I couldn't get a TPS. I love Louisville bats, nothing beats them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd