Researching players or parents

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2012
I look at and monitor fb for every athlete in my club.

In this day we as a club will be judged for our players actions...is that fair-no but its reality.

So we monitor and act accordingly. Expectations are clear.

Feb 19, 2012
West US
On the flip side there are coaches who dont't care which girls were up all night partying, drinking, or having sex at 15. Yet they still start those players and wonder why, after 1/2 dozen errors, the player is "off". I think there is a benefit, depending on the girls you want around your DD, to do your research.

To those who think its snooping, if the girls make the information public it is fair game. Check twitter too.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
I thank my lucky stars everyday that there were no such things as camera phones and the internet when I was a boy.

Just about all of us probably should be grateful for the same thing.

Jun 1, 2013
Those are your current athletes, not girls trying out for a team. If a team rule is made about postings they should follow it and delete any posts that are questionable. You have a "brand" and are protecting that, understood and agree. I am talking about new recruits not givin a chance before the rules are explained and not even allowed on team. A players post is FAR different than looking at their friends and parents before making a decision on if they can play for you.

Apr 9, 2012
Those are your current athletes, not girls trying out for a team. If a team rule is made about postings they should follow it and delete any posts that are questionable. You have a "brand" and are protecting that, understood and agree. I am talking about new recruits not givin a chance before the rules are explained and not even allowed on team. A players post is FAR different than looking at their friends and parents before making a decision on if they can play for you.

Reputation. You either understand the end goal and the expectations with it or you dont. If you do understand it then you would lead a clean life especially on social media. If you dont then your gonna cause drama at some point and possibly negatively influence the current players.

So Ill pass up the rare occassion a player can overcome their past vs taking a chance on inviting drama to the team.

Their are always more than enough quality players-this is just another way to filter through them. Attitudes are cancerous and can be found on social media.

Dont take the risk.

Jun 1, 2013
Reputation. You either understand the end goal and the expectations with it or you dont. If you do understand it then you would lead a clean life especially on social media. If you dont then your gonna cause drama at some point and possibly negatively influence the current players.

So Ill pass up the rare occassion a player can overcome their past vs taking a chance on inviting drama to the team.

Their are always more than enough quality players-this is just another way to filter through them. Attitudes are cancerous and can be found on social media.

Dont take the risk.

Specifically stated, I am not talking about bad attitudes. I am talking about,

"I also had an inquiry from a girl that wanted to play with our program for Fall Ball. I was doing some investing with her to see who her friends were and stuff. She seemed like a good kid from what I could tell. I just felt like I was being sneaky though. LOL"

This is wrong IMO.

Jan 24, 2011

Dont take the risk.

I agree with this. We have a 14u team. If potential players don't have a problem with posting their questionable behavior publicly , I have no problem in using that information to do what I feel is best for my team. It just isn't worth taking the risk of destroying my team

Jan 24, 2011
Specifically stated, I am not talking about bad attitudes. I am talking about,

"I also had an inquiry from a girl that wanted to play with our program for Fall Ball. I was doing some investing with her to see who her friends were and stuff. She seemed like a good kid from what I could tell. I just felt like I was being sneaky though. LOL"

This is wrong IMO.

Why? By knowing who her friends are and her activities , you can gain an idea as to who might be hanging around your fields/team and what they might be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing