Rec rules for the varios age groups by regions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 12, 2014
All of the 5 starting pitchers in our 10U division have worked with a pitching instructor at some point. Some continue with instruction, some don't. I would not consider our league to be exceptional in that regard (for So Cal). Probably average.

At 10U, the pressure of being accountable for BBs is an important part of the development process. (IMO, YMMV)

The pitching coaches is probably a regional difference. I'm in Denver and as I said, most rec pitchers don't have pitching coaches. Those that do move up to comp and tball pretty quickly. And IMO, it's important to develop all the players, not just pitchers.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
And IMO, it's important to develop all the players, not just pitchers.

Do you honestly think anyone would disagree with that opinion?

Pitching is so import so the batters can hit and the fielders can field otherwise no one on the entire field is going to improve at all.

Sep 11, 2014
Pa
Pitching is so import so the batters can hit and the fielders can field otherwise no one on the entire field is going to improve at all.

This is exactly why we are doing the clinics. And to hopefully be able to move 10u to kid pitch only, forcing batters to swing when the kids are pitching.

For 10u I want the pitchers to be able to throw something the batters can hit. Let the defense do the work. Throw some good pitches. Batters will strike out missing on their own. As long as the pitcher can give them something that they can hit.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neojapan