Reaching Your Goal-One MPH at a time

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Last night my dd and I were practicing on pitching and mechanics etc. We have also struggled to get her faster. Our goal is to get her up to 50 mph before the spring of 2015. She has been stuck at 42 for a while now and its been frustrating for the both of us. Gradually speed has been increasing one mph at a time. Past three weeks we have topped out at 44 mph. Last night I gave her a goal. She wanted to stay the night at our catchers house. I told her if she breaks over 45 and gives me a 46 mph fastball I will let her go and practice will end early. What do you know…………………. She freakin did it!! After she hit that she wanted to continue but was consist at 45. Smiling was great of course but believing that she CAN accomplish a personal goal for herself made me even happier. This is one of the reasons why sports is important to individuals. A small minuet feel good moment like this can and does make a difference in the individuals life.

Amazing on how far a simple goal, continued work, some incentives, and bribery will go! LOL

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
A lot of pitchers who are not gaining speed when they should be are "guiding" their pitches. Until you force them (using incentives like spending the night at a friend house, ice cream after practice, ect) out of their comfort zone and make them try to throw harder than they ever have before.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Farmboydrose