Rawlings glove question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2018
Hi all my DD uses a rawlings projd-6jc 12.75 in. I bought it used and now it's time to upgrade. Wondering if there is a comparable Rawlings glove made. Probably going to go custom on it also.

Would not be opposed to a Wilson either but she really likes the Rawlings and wanted to do like for like (or close to it)

Sent from my LE2115 using Tapatalk

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Hi all my DD uses a rawlings projd-6jc 12.75 in. I bought it used and now it's time to upgrade. Wondering if there is a comparable Rawlings glove made. Probably going to go custom on it also.

Would not be opposed to a Wilson either but she really likes the Rawlings and wanted to do like for like (or close to it)

ProJD huh? That’s one deep 5 gallon bucket of a glove! The only way now to get a JD is off of the custom builder.

You said you bought it used, just curious, I assume she plays outfield? If I’m recommending a girl a Rawlings glove….the “JD” pattern would be wayyy down the list of gloves I’d recommend, as in I don’t think it would ever enter the conversation!

What’s her age and primary position?

Aug 18, 2018
ProJD huh? That’s one deep 5 gallon bucket of a glove! The only way now to get a JD is off of the custom builder.

You said you bought it used, just curious, I assume she plays outfield? If I’m recommending a girl a Rawlings glove….the “JD” pattern would be wayyy down the list of gloves I’d recommend, as in I don’t think it would ever enter the conversation!

What’s her age and primary position?
15/of

The glove though marked 12.75 is more like 12.5 inches when measured.

Always open to suggestions.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
15/of

The glove though marked 12.75 is more like 12.5 inches when measured.

Always open to suggestions.

The JD pattern comes in 12.5”, 12.75”, and 13”. The 12.75” is the JD9.

How do you and her feel about a true Six-Finger trap glove? For OF that’s what I’d put on my DD’s hand (if she played OF).

I love Don Morton’s PRO-T!

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
If you're open to custom options, go to the Rawlings Glove Builder site and design what she likes. You can use either a fastpitch or baseball glove, but you'll have a lot more options if you go with baseball. The same goes for Wilson gloves.

Depending on your budget, you can go HOH or Pro Preferred. I know *some* people like the HOH better, but it's really a personal preference. The HOH will be less money.

I can help save you some money on any custom gloves, so contact me when you're ready to order.

Aug 18, 2018
If you're open to custom options, go to the Rawlings Glove Builder site and design what she likes. You can use either a fastpitch or baseball glove, but you'll have a lot more options if you go with baseball. The same goes for Wilson gloves.

Depending on your budget, you can go HOH or Pro Preferred. I know *some* people like the HOH better, but it's really a personal preference. The HOH will be less money.

I can help save you some money on any custom gloves, so contact me when you're ready to order.
Not looking for a glove that's super stiff, so would probably go with HOH. As for Wilson, would it be the OT7 pattern?

I know those a2000's can be a bit stiff also but she broke one in this past off season.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
Not looking for a glove that's super stiff, so would probably go with HOH. As for Wilson, would it be the OT7 pattern?

I know those a2000's can be a bit stiff also but she broke one in this past off season.

The Pro Preferred is no stiffer than the HOH.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802