Prevent Leaking/Shifting Forward After Heel Plant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 12, 2016
Actions up-front matter.. Sets up for the sequence of movements. IOW's look at how you transition from the stance. Screw that up and it's tough to recover.

83Z8H05.gif

TepTuuk.gif
Thanks TDS, When you say actions upfront ... what do you mean exactly? Let's dumb it down

May 12, 2016
The way I teach it is through resistance through an active back knee which dictates transition or an active core contraction leading the launch after toe touch.
Thanks W, same thing I said TDS, let's dumb it down. If I said this to my DD she'd say "Huh?" LOL. What does an "active back knee" mean exactly?

May 12, 2016
Thanks to everybody for responding as well. I'll admit, I'm a little overwhelmed with all the information. Can you imagine a dad trying to figure things out for the first for their kid?

May 12, 2016
Local hitting coach in our area that works with a few pro guys and a lot of fastpitch college players teaches when your front heel hits your thigh should still be externally rotated or over your back knee. This is his way of keeping you in the hip and back.
Interesting... you mean like what JD is saying in the video?

TDS

Mar 11, 2010
Thanks TDS, When you say actions upfront ... what do you mean exactly? Let's dumb it down

Julray, I think we have been through this before :) but it can be done multiple ways.. I have found one of the easier methods is to learn how to use the middle in a way that balances out the frontal plane movement towards the pitcher while the legs act as supporters.

May 12, 2016
Julray, I think we have been through this before :) but it can be done multiple ways.. I have found one of the easier methods is to learn how to use the middle in a way that balances out the frontal plane movement towards the pitcher while the legs act as supporters.
Most likely :), but I'm an old man who forgets easy LOL. In bold above, is this what you would tell a student, hell I don't even know what it means. I'm not attacking or disagreeing, but if I picked up a bat and tried to replicate this I wouldn't know where to start... know what I mean?

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Actions up-front matter.. Sets up for the sequence of movements. IOW's look at how you transition from the stance. Screw that up and it's tough to recover.

83Z8H05.gif

TepTuuk.gif
Yes, but like Pujols is showing there is a point he gets quiet and sets the lowerbody. It’s not chaos.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie