Prevent Leaking/Shifting Forward After Heel Plant

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
Being stacked has always been a problem, I posted pics last year where my head is actually back past my rear foot. This has improved quite a bit, believe it or not :). I agree with you 100%, I stride, then shift to get stacked. Old habits, years of doing this incorrectly, hard to break.
Yeah I remember and it has improved.

May 12, 2016
Sequence is good. Not shifting weight to the front leg slightly is probably causing the upper to leak after heel plant. Land softer on front leg (more bend) and then launch. That and the fact that the ball is so far out front lol. Swing looks good!
Thanks CB, I agree I'm a little more back at heel plant than I should be. In regard to the ball being too far out front, it's the angle of the shot. @ launch the ball lines up with my front foot, which is my intention.

Cheers

Jun 8, 2016
Watch this swing… In fact … be back.

Here is a better angle:

0plHrvm.gif

Jan 6, 2009
Chehalis, Wa
Everything working forward, he is preset in the coil, has a small knee lift when getting one legged, stretches like no one ever stretched. Definitely when he started to age you lose stretch/shortening abilities. I think he was against weight training and PED’s, it worked for Bonds.

Watch Griffey, just watch the underneath stuff. He has Tonus, The entire spring is preset, just like a cat stalking it’s prey. Tonus is actually the pre activation of the movement. It’s like pre loading the swings muscle activation for the desired action. Loading a program…

Oct 13, 2014
South Cali
I’m looking at the entire spirals from toe’s to head, the entire spring acting as one. Bonds hand movement isn’t as important as the back activation and scapula rhythm.

Ok. Doesn’t explain what Julray is asking though. What he’s missing.. Why he’s drifting and has little IR in his front hip. No hip depth. I’m detailing a bit more. The hands and the back and scap has nothing to do w it. The sequential stretch isn’t quite right. Julrays efforts needs a ‘pull’ or some sequential resistance to create these things.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs