Please don't hate me my back east friends

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 21, 2013
SB rules question for WarroirMike: What is the call when the batter hits the ball into the ceiling? Find that in California’s ASA rule book.

It's when the mercury drops to a frigid 59 degrees, so we have to move our practice indoors so our bats and hands can thaw out. Oh, in January!

Mar 26, 2013
What is the call when the batter hits the ball into the ceiling? Find that in California’s ASA rule book.
We don't need no stinkin' rules for that because it only happens in BP. Depending on the trajectory, the call ranges from "Great hit!" to "Don't drop your shoulder."

This is what I picture whenever our northern brethren talk about playing in a dome... :D
igloo6.gif

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
16 degrees at wake-up this morning in South Jersey. Heading indoors today at University of Pennsylvania in their "bubble" for a 6 hour camp/clinic. Can't wait for spring!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Living in Florida and working in North Dakota it is interesting to see how those up North roll. This was taken at Minot State University. In a conversation with one of their players who was from SoCal she said that if they were lucky they would play a few games on clay at the end of the season. But this was basically their home field. All I can say is that these ladies truly love the game.

Minot State Softball.jpg

This was in April 2014 and wind chills were in mid 20s. Note the flag in the upper right hand corner of the picture.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom