Please don't hate me my back east friends

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
Hey, I live in South Florida so I went for a swim in my pool this morning...

High is 80 today and we have tryouts tonight :)

I *might* break out the sweater. I hear it could get down to 65 this evening

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
I wonder if that is reason why California leads in softball talent?? Year round decent outdoor weather. :) Right now, in Texas, it is wet and cold (in my book - 39 right now). I miss the sun. I miss the bleachers. I miss caffeine (quit this week). I digress...been a rough week!

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
SB rules question for WarroirMike: What is the call when the batter hits the ball into the ceiling? Find that in California’s ASA rule book.

Last edited:
Feb 21, 2012
We have snow on the ground. Its warmed up here in Northern Virginia to about 30 degrees today. Up from 8 the last two days. So I guess we are happy.

Oct 14, 2008
Worked out side the last 2 days. The high Yesterday was 10 and the day before that 1. Wind chills both days well in the minus. Took me 16 hours to accomplish what I normally do in 4. I wouldent wish this weather on anyone....... unless they live in california or florida

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Soft coach, long pants and a hooded sweatshirt in those temps?!? Should be in shorts and a tee shirt

Long pants and a hoodie around here are reserved for 40 degree days in the fall, and 30 degree days in the winter/early spring.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Hey, I live in South Florida so I went for a swim in my pool this morning...

High is 80 today and we have tryouts tonight :)

I *might* break out the sweater. I hear it could get down to 65 this evening

Who needs a pool....
Polar-Plunge.jpg

Apr 23, 2014
East Jabib
I like the fact that all the girls show up for practice in softball pants. Here in NJ I see girls coming to practice in all sorts of outfits - yoga pants, leggings, fancy t shirts with ruffles on the sleeves.

Ken Krause

Administrator
Admin
May 7, 2008
Mundelein, IL
Ok so cooling trend here in SoCal Daytime highs were at 80. Lows at 60. Light jackets today for practice.

Here's a couple of pics at our practice tonight.

My daughter was rockin her new Xeno Pro Glove by Louisville she got for Christmas

Both pics had NO SNOW. Lmao!

This is the kind of post that is going to get you banned by the mods currently suffering through single-digit (including MINUS single-digit) temps. ;)

May 24, 2013
So Cal
I have heard that So Cal might be hit with something called "rain" this weekend. I'm sure the local news will be out in force asking the citizens how they are dealing with such a catastrophic weather event.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolinesmom