Pitcher's glove color? Steam fitting?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2020
Thanks for all of the info. I'd never heard of steaming before and wasn't a thing that I was aware of at least last time I broke a glove in. Guy at the store said that he didn't recommend it also. As ANNASDAD said, it is breaking in pretty fast. The Rawlings HOH is a pretty big step up from the Mizuno MVP. Even got my daughter to admit it.

May 29, 2015
The white gloves are not legal for pitching in baseball but perfectly fine for pitching in softball.

The high school umpires are much more picky with pitchers, make them remove anything shiny, my kid had forgot about a necklace she had on because she wasn't expecting to get in to the game. A couple weeks ago she was playing vs her travel teamate and that girl had a safety pin in place of one of her jerseys top buttons and the ump made her remove it. Anyway, I would steer clear of the metallic glove lace for a pitcher and might not go with flo yellow lace but the rest is good.

Enjoy whatever glove you wind up with, keep it conditioned and it will last you years.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

You make it sound like we umpires have something against shiny things. We don't have anything against

tenor.gif

(It is purely a safety issue. That is one thing I LOVE about NFHS ... no grey area on jewelry or metal.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00