Glove recommendations (catchers)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 25, 2020
Is their much of a difference between the elite and the other one not that 50 bucks really matters. Just more less in break in time etc have experience with the all star? How is the thumb area? That’s our main concern and issue atm
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The "other one"(cmw3000) is 99$ because it's the older model and only available in Lefty.

The AF elite(cmw3001) is the newest version of the cmw3000. Very similar.(both single break) You could try code riseabove2020 to save 10% on either glove. If the player is a lefty the cmw3000 is a really good deal.

Nov 22, 2020
The "other one"(cmw3000) is 99$ because it's the older model and only available in Lefty.

The AF elite(cmw3001) is the newest version of the cmw3000. Very similar.(both single break) You could try code riseabove2020 to save 10% on either glove. If the player is a lefty the cmw3000 is a really good deal.

Unfortunately she’s not. Didn’t notice it was a lefty glove til someone pointed it out to me. Just assumed maybe they were sold out atm of the right hand throw and could prob find it with a dealer. Seems the consensus is to go with the all star elite

Feb 25, 2020
Unfortunately she’s not. Didn’t notice it was a lefty glove til someone pointed it out to me. Just assumed maybe they were sold out atm of the right hand throw and could prob find it with a dealer. Seems the consensus is to go with the all star elite

Probly better she's not lefty haha!

Im no player, but the af elite seemed a little small outta the box but it has opened up nicely and is really fun/nice to use for me.

It seems like the a2000's are pretty popular amongst a lot of really good players. Probly worth a look.

Nov 8, 2020
Best catchers gloves I have seen are the All Star CM3000 gloves. I use the CM3000BT 35" catchers mitt, it was designed for baseball but the 35" glove works great with softballs.

I had Heart of the Hide, Easton and Marucci catchers glove but as I sit on the bucket sideways to protect the boys, pitches that would be way inside to a right would go behind me and were tweaking my thumb, even with the defender under glove on. Since moving to the All Star CM3000BT it's not been an issue. But the glove is pricey

The A2000 FPCM is by far the most common catchers mitt I come across for fast pitch catchers. I was never a fan of the velcro strap, white leather or the stock laces, Wilson got rid of the velcro strap and the white leather.... the laces you may still need to replace.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Mar 8, 2021
Wilson A2000 Aubree Munro. Huge thumb protection and a quality made built to last mitt for the small hand fit.

May 6, 2015
Ordered the all star. Thanks everyone

pretty certain she will love it, once broken in (was it possible this was issue with Vinci, too stiff because not broken in). DD had an AS CMW3000, getting ready to be relaced for backup, currently using the CMW3001. essentially identical, different color schemes (now two available). never an issue with protection, even on foul tips that hit the heel or palm . nice pop too.

beware, it is a tank to break in. find a couple of pitchers dads who want a break catching their DDs, have your DD fill in. also like the ballplayers balm for conditioning. do not stick your hand in it to work on it, one knuckle on pinky and thumb only. I pounded the break on DDs (both of them) with a small rubber covered dumbbell.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahjackson13