Pick up players for tournaments

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
I know PGF is suppose to be much stricter this year. If a player is in the roster of team has qualified (or given) for a berth for PGF they are stuck on that team and cannot transfer to another team. I am sure there will be some exceptions.

Jul 5, 2024
Let me state the question this way. Is there a Maximum amount of time a team can ask the USA softball league to pickup a player for tournaments. For example if they had gone to three tournaments and picked up a player for each tournament is there a time where the USA Softball can say you reach your max and you can no longer pick up players for the year?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Sounds like you are complaining about a specific player that is bouncing around teams. amaright? USA softball is pretty strict about rostering for legit tourneys. As long as the previous team releases this player and they can be rostered it's all good. Good luck Amy.

Jul 5, 2024
Nope I am not complaining about a player bouncing around. Thank you for your response but it does not have anything to do with my question.

Nov 29, 2009
You didn't provide a lot of details so I'll take a stab at what I think you're asking.

Here's the thing. A Tournament may be playing with USA rules. However, if the tournament is a non-sanctioned event anything goes depending on the tournament director. If it is a USA sanctioned qualifier tournament then the USA roster rules apply And this goes for the other sanctioning bodies out there. If the individual tournaments were linked to different sanctioning bodies no sanctioning body has any authority over another sanctioning body. If one tournament was USA, another USSSA and the other PGF none of them are connected in any way. A player can be rostered in multiple sanctioning bodies. However, they must follow the rostering rules for each of the different sanctioning bodies when it comes to qualifier tournaments. Each sanctioning body has rules for releasing players, which is not unusual for teams to do that. Also, the number of players you can roster on a team is pretty generous. A quick Google search shows the maximum numbers of players allowed on a USA roster is 20. So that can give a team a chance to pickup quite a few players if they are only carrying 13 or 14 players.

There is no one sanctioning body that controls everything. USA softball years ago thought that. However, they were proven wrong.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scoons831