Parent pitchers question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2023
Definitely not remotely near MLB level, but my DS actually pitches much better the crappier his warmup is. Not sure why….

I've been thinking about this, and I think it has to do with focus. Not like, as a skill, but if you're 'off' while you're warming up, you go into the game thinking about that/those things that were off. You're hyperfocused on adjusting that back to par rather than over thinking everything if nothing goes wrong. Your body knows what to do, and you're brain is correcting the little things that were off, and suddenly it clicks.

Same way with being hungover, you don't have the brain power to triple-check your arm slot and your posture and you just kinda get up there and throw.

I've been wondering about the muscle memory theory of "Let's end on a good pitch" At practice, or like in basketball where you want your last shot to be a basket. Maybe it should be the opposite, Maybe you want your brain to subconsciously be correcting your form and mechanics between sessions instead.

Jan 1, 2023
For the record, my daughter had hot interest from a D1 school in Colorado this year. The AC started texting her after a 20 minute conversation at the field, and my daughter was very excited.

Fast forward to Illinois the next weekend, and the other AC is there to watch here. She had an inconsistent warmup that day, and the coach walked away. He didn't watch her throw a pitch in anger, which she did well in that game, but in his mind, he didn't like her warmup routine on grass.

Thankfully, the interest isn't gone, but it goes to show they watch everything, not just games.

I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about warm-ups, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about warm-ups. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game last it's my last but we're talking about warm-ups man. How silly is that?

Now I know that I'm supposed to lead by example and all that but I'm not shoving that aside like it don't mean anything. I know it's important, I honestly do but we're talking about warm-ups. We're talking about warm-ups man. We're talking about war-ups. We're talking about warm-ups, We're not talking about the game. We're talking about warm-ups. When you come to the field, and you see me play, you've seen me play right, you've seen me give everything I've got, but we're talking about warm-ups right now.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles