Parent pitchers question

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 28, 2014
At younger ages (under 14) guest playing can be beneficial. By 2nd year of 14s your pitcher should be getting 30%-40% of innings. If not, she's on the wrong team. Also, her desire to play after the season is over while other teams are still playing may also be an indicator that she is on a team that may not have the same goals as she does. Kid's desire evolves, she may have signed up for a team that had a group of girls and coaches that were fine with local travel and a shorter season. As she progressed she now may want a more competitive and aggressive schedule.
I've seen many parents force their DD's to stay on a team as the parents didn't want them to leave due to friends or the cost of the new team. This never works out in the long run. We had to move DD to a team at 14s where she had to fight for playing time. Her team at 13's didn't have the same goals she did. We found an organization that had different levels of teams. This was perfect for progression. Her former team folded after 2nd year of 14s.

Dec 19, 2021
My daughter went in in the last inning of a game this weekend and her FIP was -2.3

But she also had a kid hit a “triple” off her. I don’t think at 14u with the little fence a triple should even be an option. There have to be a lot of errors for someone to get to third keeping it inside the little fence.
I'm confused. What is this 'little fence' at 14u you are talking about?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles