Parent Cheers?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
I've found that parents start to get tired of hearing the same chants over and over and over at every tournament. Funny to think some of older kids actually want to participate.

The funny thing is DD's team has slowly stopped doing chants as they've gotten "older". She's only 13, but they pretty much stopped. It's just cheering and yelling from the dugout now.

Although "Taco, Burrito, but Nach-yo pitch" still pops into my head and gets stuck from time to time.

Kids doing them is fine. I see 18yo and college teams doing them frequently...just not the parents. o_O

What drives me up a wall when, instead of chants, it sounds like feeding time at the zoo.

Dec 18, 2016
is there a chance -- please God, let there be a chance -- that it wasn't parents, but friends of the girls who had come out to watch them play?
I didn't watch that close but it certainly appeared to be parent aged people.....lol.

Aug 25, 2019
DDs HS team got in the playoffs, and some parents thought it would be good to do a "Yankees roll call". For those of you that don't know, you chant a players name until They acknowledge you with a wave o r tip of the cap. Well first inning DD's team in the field, they start chanting left fielders name, Pow! Other team gets a double, then they chant CF name, Bam! Other team gets a single, drives in run. They still keeps going chanting RF name and boom! Another double, another run scored. Suffice to say they never got to the infield, it was quite embarrassing.

Nov 18, 2015
Parent cheers might not be so bad - the more time spent mindlessly chanting means less time spent criticizing the umpires, coaches decisions, and every pitcher that's not their daughter.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
We are the grown-ups
Mighty mighty grown-ups
Everywhere we go'oh
People want to know'oh
Who we are
Where we come from
So will tell them
We come from cheers'ville
Mighty mighty cheers'ville
Every where we go'oh
We put on a show'oh
who we are
And where we come from!
:)
I like positive enthusiasm!

Aug 6, 2013
Daughter and I watched the same team - we were there waiting for a former team of Haley's to play at Great Park. Wanted to check out their stadium (which is very nice) and sat on the "cheering parents" side. My daughter plays 18's now and when she heard the parents cheering (it was parents) the look on her face was gold. She even had to get some video. The other thing the parents would do is a "whoop" type of sound. A lot. I got in on that because it was awesome. My daughter was mortified.

FYI - we are from Virginia and have played teams from this org and have never came across this with any of their other teams but, of course, we play the 18U group......

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ying