Mizzou star commit Quits HS Team

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 3, 2009
I read it, and didn't read into it that it was a matter of "a bad game". Seems a little more to it than that. Maybe not common, but I've heard many stories of kids switching schools to be in a better program. And she's not a Mizzou star yet..

May 7, 2008
Tucson
Hmm. I started to say "No big deal, she doesn't need HS softball." But, yes she is bailing on her team in the middle of the season. She will be lucky to be able to play, next season, since she started this season. I wonder if she has to sit out a complete season? I wonder if they thought this out.

My friend's DD did this as a freshman and it was no big deal. It worked out for her. But, she wasn't starting and wasn't a sophomore and hadn't verballed. Which by the way, may mean very little. There's nothing in concrete with a verbal.

Oct 19, 2009
There maybe some reason we are unaware of, conflict between coaches, players or school problems. Some of the local HS in our area have experienced gang violence, bomb threats and the schools has over reacted of excessive punishment to some of the kids due the schools inability to control these problems. Many students in these schools have transferred to other schools for safety and better educational opportunities.

Some HS recuit kids from other schools, my daughter was recuited by one school in state and one out of state. It is not suppost to happen, but it does and some times better jobs are offered to parents and so on. Some of the private schools can do this legaly or so I've been told.

Unless the kid or parents give a reason we are just quessing.

Sep 3, 2009
The story is just a headline story, no guts to it. Star pitcher, verballed to MU, changing high schools, loses year of eligibility. That's pretty much it. Perhaps there is a conflict with the coaches, maybe she wants better academics, maybe she wants easier academics, maybe there is a better coach at this other school, maybe the girls on her current team all suck, maybe...

Its not in the story, so nobody knows. And frankly, who cares? Kids switch high schools all the time for sport, academic, or safety reasons. It sounds to me like it was just a slow day in the newsroom and someone needed a story.

I look forward to seeing her in Columbia. :)

Aug 18, 2010
I also read recently that she is going to be playing for the NJ Intensity Premier. I watched her on ESPN360 last fall at the ESPN rise event pitching in relief.

Jul 26, 2010
I have a hard time finding it within me to believe allegiance and loyalty is owed to wherever the county jerrymander decided your allegiance should lie.

Sorry, loyalty is earned.

-W

Jul 11, 2010
Watched the video Amy posted.....so, she is transferring to the school that rocked her in that game? Interesting. The team she is transferring to seemed to have very fine pitcher as well that will be a Senior next year. Very interesting.

Jun 22, 2008
Dont know what their interschoolastic rules are there, but under AZ rules, unless she actually moved into the new school boundaries, she would have to sit next season and would only be able to play her senior year.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd