mask

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2014
we just bought a second Rip-it mask and the new box says they will pay up to $4000 (I think thats right) for dental bills if you are wearing one and get mouth damage from being hit with a ball. I personally love the rip it mask and can't see how one could get facial or mouth injuries while wearing one unless you are hit in the face REALLY hard. And in that case the mask probably saved your life. Just my 0.02 cents

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2013
we just bought a second Rip-it mask and the new box says they will pay up to $4000 (I think thats right) for dental bills if you are wearing one and get mouth damage for being hit with a ball. I personally love the rip it mask and can't see how one could get facial or mouth injuries while wearing one unless you are hit in the face REALLY hard. And in that case the mask probably saved your life. Just my 0.20 cents

I don't think that Rip-it is ever going to have to make good on that promise!

Schutte is pretty good as well.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
DD’s always wore one and never has been hit on it. I find the argument that it makes the fielder lazy or what not interesting, it has to hurt getting hit in the face mask.

Oct 16, 2014
I don't think that Rip-it is ever going to have to make good on that promise!……..

Niether do I. And I also really like that Rip it has come out with different colored foam pads and pony tail straps and chin cups (pink, yellow, orange, purple, etc ). The girls can completely customize their mask now.

Shutte is also very good

Last edited:

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
A saw a 10U pitcher of take a liner off the side of her head that landed in in RF. It was a miracle she wasn't badly hurt.

Nobody goes into the circle on my team without a mask.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
DD’s always wore one and never has been hit on it. I find the argument that it makes the fielder lazy or what not interesting, it has to hurt getting hit in the face mask.

No, it doesn't. I occasionally hit hard shots to my kid in the OF. Twice in the last few months, the ball took a wicked hop and hit her square in the face(mask)...a Rip-it. She picked up the ball, smiled, and threw it back...ready for the next one.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Player just starting to pitch 10u rec ball, but doesn't fill comfortable wearing a mask while pitching. Should coach/dad make the player wear one. Need opinions. Thanks

3 pages of responses. I think the general consensus of DFP'er is clear.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
My little princess doesn't step on the mound(sorry circle) without her mask on:
Hannibal-Lecter-Raio-X-do-Canibal-636x395.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
neojapan