Mallory Hitting Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
Serious question.

If you play the male hitter in quicktime - do you really want to be in the same position he is in at frame 29? Do you see any real hip action or just a big looking boy swinging with his upper body folding over his front hip? Is this a model swing? Or is it meant to show something specific?

Steven021613a.gif

I don't see a hip fold. I see a boy who's hip was turned so far that it max'd out the amount room for IR that he had in his front hip. Once the front leg/hip reaches max IR, it will have to push out or roll over. Similar to this clip.

2qbtx4x.gif

Last edited:
May 3, 2014
Capture.JPG

Not like Cabrera at contact. Cabrera's front hip is fully extended and his upper body is behind it. Weight is off back foot.
I don't see a hip fold. I see a boy who's hip was turned so far that it max'd out the amount room for IR that he had in his front hip. Once the front leg/hip reaches max IR, it will have to push out or roll over. Similar to this clip.

2qbtx4x.gif

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
Don't you have some planks to do..or a golf swing to ruin?
I guess that is all you got. Clips of Bobby laughing instead of a solid contribution.
Nope, I got Patrick laughing at you too.
pslol1.gif

May 3, 2014
You can have the last word RDBass. It's too bad an admitting no nothing Dad with only one student has so much to say. You should shut up and listen more instead of clowning the place up.

Good luck to Mallory - like I said I don't think she is that far off. Keep it simple.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
You should shut up and listen more instead of clowning the place up
See that I'll agree with you. I hope you will listen.
say-whaa.gif

Dad with only one student has so much to say.
No student. I have a DD. Are you saying only 'hitting instructors' such as yourself should be allowed to post?

Mar 23, 2011
Noblseville, IN
View attachment 6652

Not like Cabrera at contact. Cabrera's front hip is fully extended and his upper body is behind it. Weight is off back foot.

I'm not planning to make an argument that the kid is as good as Cabrera...

I was commenting that the kids' front foot rolls for the same reasons that Cabrera's pushes out. They were both a result of the hips turning so far that they max'd out all the slack that they had in their front leg.

So in response to your question "Do you see any real hip action...".

Yes. Even in the following clip (#30) his front foot rolls. It rolls because his hips were still turning through contact. His upper torso is not out front pulling his hips around (like most kids), his upper torso is being pulled around by his hip action (like a high level hitter). In clip 30 his rear heel kicks up a bit more and his rear knee turns down even more indicating continued rear leg IR and subsequent hip rotation.

Capture.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321