Mahem and Madness in 10U

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
10u Tournament, NSA Rules:
No outs. R1 on 2B. B2 hits (off her foot in the box—no call) grounder towards 1B. Since no play at 1B, F3 sees runner rounding 3B throws to F5 who is 2/3’s way down 3B line. F5 runs R1 towards 3B.

F5 throws to F6 how is covering 3B. B2 runs into F6 who tries to catch ball, F6 misses ball which rolls not very far out into LF. B2 rounds bag and proceeds to pass R1 by a few steps, who is now on 3B. B2 goes back to bag. Both R1 and B2 standing on 3B. Both told to “Go” since ball got away from F6. R1 scores and then does B2.

What do you have?

Last edited:
May 26, 2010
Central NJ
10u Tournament, NSA Rules:
No outs. R1 on 2B. B2 hits (off her foot in the box—no call) grounder towards 1B. Since no play at 1B, F3 sees runner rounding 3B throws to F5 who is 2/3’s way down 3B line. F5 runs R1 towards 3B.

F5 throws to F6 how is covering 3B. B2 runs into F6 who tries to catch ball, F6 misses ball which rolls not very far out into LF. B2 rounds bag and proceeds to pass R1 by a few steps, who is now on 3B. B2 goes back to bag. Both R1 and B2 standing on 3B. Both told to “Go” since ball got away from F6. R1 scores and then does B2.

What do you have?

I'm not an umpire, so I'm only guessing. My guess would be B2 out for interference, R1 safe at 3B. R1 does not advance due to ball being dead from the interference. Any umpires out there who can tell us the answer, and is there a prize if I got it correct? :)

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Wookie, LOL!!!! You forgot to add, Winter, Spring, Summer.

Ivy's Dad, You get a huge "ATTA BOY!" ;-)

What you will love is the answer I received. . .;-)

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
After the play stop and the umpires were asked about:
1. R2 passing R1
2. R2 and R1 both occupying 3B
3. R2 interfering with the throw to F6 at 3B
4. The Batter fouling the ball off her foot while in the box.

After discussing it the umpires said, 1.-3. he couldn't tell what was going on because both teams had similar colored uniform tops (one team had black pants, other had white). Besides they are 10U. So no call. ;-(

On 4. neither saw it.

Don't all age divisions deserve the same respect from umpires?

Nov 29, 2009
Don't all age divisions deserve the same respect from umpires?

1. R2 should be out for passing R1.
2 Nothing illegal there. However only R1 is entitled to the base.
3. Interference is for batted balls. If R1 was in the baseline and retreating to the bag she does not have to avoid contact with F6. IF.. the umpire rules the contact to be malicious they may do something.
4. If it's one umpire and they did not see it they can't call it. I have seen it happen before. Noting you can do about it.

Do the 10's deserve the best umpires possible? Yes they do. Do they get them all time? As a rule... Nope.. It's just a softball fact of life you have to deal with.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves