Louisville Slugger LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
I would like to hear some feedback from any owners of this bat... I know its big brother the ONEX was a nightmare, and full of problems. So, how's this one holding up?

One girl on my team has one (her dad is die-hard Louisville Slugger fan). It seems fine, but nothing spectacular. It has held up well so far but she isn't allowed to use it in practice, which I am chalking up to the breaking of her last OneX and Xeno and the Xeno before that. :)

It seems not quite as hot as the couple of 2014 Xenos I've been around, and doesn't seem nearly as hot as the new CF6. In fact, this girl has noticeably-better exit speeds when she uses her teammates' -10 and -11 CF6s.

Jan 20, 2010
My DD has the LXT. Ball comes off the bat with authority. Good pop, big sweet spot and forgiving. Does not have the Xeno breaking glass sound that is a trademark of the Xeno's. It is her go to bat. Does not even touch the CF6 anymore.

Couple girls have the 2014 Xeno (purple) on my team......all I can say is wow, nice bat, hot out of the wrapper and ball is smoking when it comes. I don't know if I would say it is better than the LXT, but just as good IMHO.

One good year of use prior to all the associations going to a new stamp and banning every bat out there again. IE.....USSSA already has a new stamp. The LXT does not have that stamp = no good for USSSA. Same will be true for all other big ABC's next year.

Nov 15, 2013
My daughter tried the CF6 in -11 and -10, as well as the CF6 Insane, and the 2014 Xeno and the LXT. She liked the feel of hitting the LXT the best, and the ball was hotter off that bat than any of the others. The CF6, frankly, looked dead compared to the LXT. We bought the LXT and it's held up well so far.

The way it looks to me is that there must be a smaller part inside the handle/barrel connection which qualifies as a third piece. It isn't readily apparent anywhere else on the bat unless they are counting the end cap, which I highly doubt.

Note: I have no dog in this fight. My DD swings an Easton. The LXT is a nice enough bat. I like it, especially for younger girls. I just get to see all these bats going up against each other up close three times a week and some of the others seem to outshine it just a little bit. I would be fine with it if my DD liked it and wanted one, though, and might even have her check out a drop -9 version in the next few months.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2010
Foothills of NC
My DD used the LXT thru the fall season. She had been known as a contact hitter, but through the summer continued to work on her hitting and now hits much harder. She really likes it, prefers it to the purple Xeno. She says it is not as end loaded as the Xeno. It is more stiff than the Xeno, she never wore batting gloves with the xeno and must due to the sting with the lxt. I cannot tell any difference in pop between the two.

Her team(16u) won a purple xeno so she has tried both as has the rest of the team. Most of the other players prefer the xeno to the lxt. One player bought a CF6 used it for a month but went back to the team xeno saying the cf did not have the pop. Our experience has been completely opposite than that of Little Angels in regards to the cf6.

I think the third piece is a stiff spline that goes into the barrel and the handle some.

We got caught up in the onex recall (dd like it also). The lxt is a completely different bat.

Her team(16u) won a purple xeno so she has tried both as has the rest of the team. Most of the other players prefer the xeno to the lxt. One player bought a CF6 used it for a month but went back to the team xeno saying the cf did not have the pop. Our experience has been completely opposite than that of Little Angels in regards to the cf6.
I would hope so. The 16U girls are definitely going to like different things than my first-year 12U girls.

About half my team prefers CF6s to all other composite bats. Several more swing the SRV4B .... I can't imagine two more different bats in terms of their overall characteristics, though. Only one LXT and no Xenos .... the rest are a CF5 and Easton FS1 that only the girl who owns it likes.

I often find it funny that I cannot find any girls on any teams that like Worth bats, but I watched OU win the last WCWS hitting bomb after bomb with them. Go figure. :)

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
The LXT is a three piece... besides the handle to barrel connection, where is the other connection?

3 piece doesn't have to mean 3 "connections". I have seen the inside of my Z3000 slowpitch demo from Louisville, which is also a 3 piece design. If its the same concept, the endcap has a large piece that extends from the cap that goes into the barrel. I will see if I can find the picture I have somewhere. But the whole endcap piece kinda looks like a dumbbell. One side has the cap, then a rod, then the other side has like a cylinder shape that goes into the barrel.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
I often find it funny that I cannot find any girls on any teams that like Worth bats, but I watched OU win the last WCWS hitting bomb after bomb with them. Go figure. :)

Worth 454 and Sick 454 are very good FP bats...much stiffer feel than other manufacturers which some do not like. Also, I find them less "giving" on bad swings. Just because some parents aren't going gaga or talking them up like other bats, doesn't mean they aren't good bats. Just different tastes for all players. Believe it or not...there are some players that actually don't like Demarini either ;)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06