Louisville Slugger LXT

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I know 3 girls who have an LXT and a 2014 Xeno in their bat bags, and all 3 of them use the Xeno. Not sure why, but they do.

Nov 15, 2013
I often find it funny that I cannot find any girls on any teams that like Worth bats, but I watched OU win the last WCWS hitting bomb after bomb with them. Go figure. :)

Worth 454 and Sick 454 are very good FP bats...much stiffer feel than other manufacturers which some do not like. Also, I find them less "giving" on bad swings. Just because some parents aren't going gaga or talking them up like other bats, doesn't mean they aren't good bats. Just different tastes for all players. Believe it or not...there are some players that actually don't like Demarini either ;)

We would have loved to have DD tryout a Worth 454, but none of the demo houses in our area had one. Heard great things about them, but wanted to purchase something she actually got to swing first before buying.

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
My DD has the LXT. Ball comes off the bat with authority. Good pop, big sweet spot and forgiving. Does not have the Xeno breaking glass sound that is a trademark of the Xeno's. It is her go to bat. Does not even touch the CF6 anymore.

Couple girls have the 2014 Xeno (purple) on my team......all I can say is wow, nice bat, hot out of the wrapper and ball is smoking when it comes. I don't know if I would say it is better than the LXT, but just as good IMHO.

One good year of use prior to all the associations going to a new stamp and banning every bat out there again. IE.....USSSA already has a new stamp. The LXT does not have that stamp = no good for USSSA. Same will be true for all other big ABC's next year.
Where are you getting your information that all other sanctioning bodies are banning the old bats?

Jan 20, 2010
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
We own the orange/white one piece Worth 454 -9, and if you find the sweet spot its usually a nice hit. However, if you get too close to the cap or handle, be prepared for the worst bat sting of your life! I don't know why this bat is so much worse than the others but its bad enough that the girls refuse to use it...

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
You will not find the new 2014 Xeno, LXT, CF6. Also linked a post from 2012 explaining the new changes for USSSA. Heard new stamp fro NSA is coming out for 2015 (NSA Commissioner) as well as ASA (ASA commissioner)

The new NSA stamp is already on most usssa bats already. NSA just hasn't enforced the "need" for the new stamp yet like usssa has. I heard NSA was gonna make it mandatory to have the stamp for 2014, but maybe they backed it up another year to 2015...no idea about that. I don't follow NSA much as its not very big.

Also, ASA has their new stamp...again, ASA hasn't banned older bats like usssa has.

But I wouldn't be surprised if ASA at some point does the same thing as usssa and makes the new stamped ASA bats mandatory. Just makes sense. Why create a new stamp and not put a need for it at some point.

Yes, the LXT is a dual stamp bat with all the new stamps.

That was an old article stating what they already did.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
We own the orange/white one piece Worth 454 -9, and if you find the sweet spot its usually a nice hit. However, if you get too close to the cap or handle, be prepared for the worst bat sting of your life! I don't know why this bat is so much worse than the others but its bad enough that the girls refuse to use it...

Its a way more stiff feel and less giving to bad swings...gets better with many hits but still not as forgiving as others. It will hit with any bat.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
We would have loved to have DD tryout a Worth 454, but none of the demo houses in our area had one. Heard great things about them, but wanted to purchase something she actually got to swing first before buying.

They had them...but they probably just sold them instead of doing the demo thing...haha. Its up to the dealer what he does with the bats after they buy into the demo program.
I do exactly that as well. I get a good price on them and pass on the deals to my worth people.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG