Looking for fastpitch instructor in Chicagoland west

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 7, 2022
Hey all,

We have a 9 and 13 year old both looking for a pitching coach. We have 1 through our current organization, but looking for something closer to home or with a more open schedule. Looking for western suburbs of Chicago.

May 16, 2016
Illinois
Jonathan Hon is the top pitching instructor in the Chicagoland area. Jonathan has pitchers committed to Florida, Washington, Mich St., a transfer that is going to Oklahoma, and another commit to Oklahoma. Going to be tough to find a better pitching instructor in the entire country. Nancy Evans is probably #2 in this area.

Just search the name or search Pitching Lab Chicago for more contact info.

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2019
On another board I'm on, these names come up pretty frequently for the general Chicago area.

Nancy Evans
Jonathan Hon
Jill Waldron
Jay Bolden

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2022
We play out of the Chicago area and I would agree these are the most common names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 8, 2019
Jonathan Hon is the top pitching instructor in the Chicagoland area. Jonathan has pitchers committed to Florida, Washington, Mich St., a transfer that is going to Oklahoma, and another commit to Oklahoma. Going to be tough to find a better pitching instructor in the entire country. Nancy Evans is probably #2 in this area.

Just search the name or search Pitching Lab Chicago for more contact info.
You can probably still find some of Hon's videos on Facebook etc if you want to get an idea of what he teaches. Sharp guy, I think he was an aerospace engineer at one time. Or something impressive like that.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
On another board I'm on, these names come up pretty frequently for the general Chicago area.

Nancy Evans
Jonathan Hon
Jill Waldron
Jay Bolden

Jay posts here from time to time, but he does lessons out of NW Indiana now. Gets my endorsement.

Hon and Waldron are Tincher pitching coaches, I believe. Some don't love that teaching entirely.

@MidwestFastpitchDad Which suburb/how far are you willing to travel? I know a couple other Pauly certified coaches (one posts here and I'd rather just let him chime in if he wants).

Nov 7, 2022
Jay posts here from time to time, but he does lessons out of NW Indiana now. Gets my endorsement.

Hon and Waldron are Tincher pitching coaches, I believe. Some don't love that teaching entirely.

@MidwestFastpitchDad Which suburb/how far are you willing to travel? I know a couple other Pauly certified coaches (one posts here and I'd rather just let him chime in if he wants).
We are in the Wheaton area, we’d like to stay within 45 minute drive.

Oct 12, 2020

Out of curiosity, what is the criticism of Tincher instruction?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00