Just leave

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 16, 2019
I wonder how many are reading about these unfortunate situations where people just don't use common sense or let arrogance get in the way, and think "HOLY CRAP, that's me they are talking about!" :ROFLMAO:

May 6, 2015
This is an 18U Gold team if that makes any difference in your opinion.

That's the point of the end of the season one on ones. Are you gonna stay or go? Pretty standard question. I need to figure out what holes I need to fill if you plan on leaving. If you can't answer the question with a simple yes or no, then you are already mentally out the door. Btw, this team rarely had turnover and the coach has a very good standing in the softball community for 20+ years. This player was known to be a team hopper.
if it is known beforehand that an answer is expected, that is whole different story. just sounded to me like it was sprung on her, I assumed and did what happens when one assumes. just seems odd to have that conversation right after last game of a tournament. As a coach, i would want some time to reflect on who I wanted back and who I did not, and player might need some time to contemplate what they want to do as well. afater last game of a tournament, as a dad, I know the last thing Dd wants to do is talk softball (she wants to get into the pool mostly), and I as well am clamoring for car and AC normally.

Jun 22, 2019
I once vetoed a girl joining our team because of her dad. While other girls were doing drills he would lean on the fence where I was standing and tell me how bad one or two of the girls were. His daughter was a very good player and everyone liked her, but I knew the dad would be a cancer.

The comments about 12U vs. 18U are 100% true, by the time you’re in 18U the drama is almost completely gone.

Oct 10, 2018
I watched a revolt that resulted in a coach being replaced. The first year DD played travel we had a good, IMO, coach. Her only "crime" was not being aggressive with the umps on bad calls. The girls developed under her tutelage and she filled the holes in DD's knowledge having been a recent addition from first-timer coaching daddy-ball rec (for example, DD didn't know how to slide properly). The other parents who had TB experience complained and she was replaced. She now coaches the organization's elite (and very good) 18U and we got a lovely but ok girl fresh out of college who broke her ankle and was replaced by another girl fresh out of college (who turned out to be very good). Love her but she's green and says things like everyone should swing a Ghost - even when DD's stats plummeted she wanted her to keep swinging it and even made the comment "it's not the bat, it's the batter." She made a few other comments when DD got a new bat and seemed rather annoyed when she started hitting the ball. But that's ok, she's a good coach and will realize that different bats exist for a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr