Just leave

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
14U. I know of a team that was really good, really good. Some of those players are now at UT, LSU and other D1's. The program head said he has never seen a team that was so successful with so much drama and dysfunction. Assuming parent egos and jockeying during the recruiting process. The whole team was kicked out of the program!

18U Coach usually had one on one's at the end of summer during one of the last tournaments. In one of the player's meeting the coach asked for their commitment going into the next year, but the girl was non committal. Coach made it easy for her and asked for her to turn in her gear. I hated to see her go.

Jul 31, 2015
My family was kicked off a 10U team for speaking up about an abusive coach. That was 8 years ago.
I did find out recently however, that that coach got into a fistfight with the guys who voted us out.
Wonder now if they think we may have been right - ? :unsure:

May 6, 2015
14U. I know of a team that was really good, really good. Some of those players are now at UT, LSU and other D1's. The program head said he has never seen a team that was so successful with so much drama and dysfunction. Assuming parent egos and jockeying during the recruiting process. The whole team was kicked out of the program!

18U Coach usually had one on one's at the end of summer during one of the last tournaments. In one of the player's meeting the coach asked for their commitment going into the next year, but the girl was non committal. Coach made it easy for her and asked for her to turn in her gear. I hated to see her go.
did the girl know he was gong to ask for commitment ahead of time. if not, she is probably better off. I do not, and hopefully my girls will not, cave to high pressure sales tactics. If he had said before hand by X I need a decision, I can respect that, even if I do not like it, but to ask on the spot with no time to think or discuss with parents, just not a good thing.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
did the girl know he was gong to ask for commitment ahead of time. if not, she is probably better off. I do not, and hopefully my girls will not, cave to high pressure sales tactics. If he had said before hand by X I need a decision, I can respect that, even if I do not like it, but to ask on the spot with no time to think or discuss with parents, just not a good thing.
It was a good thing and no hard feelings. If she didn't want to be on the team and she knew it at the time, it was a good move for both. It wasn't as dramatic as it might sound.

May 6, 2015
It was a good thing and no hard feelings. If she didn't want to be on the team and she knew it at the time, it was a good move for both. It wasn't as dramatic as it might sound.
glad that it was a good thing and worked out for everyone, but still think he should have given her some time to reflect, weigh the decision. what real benefit did he get by getting his answer on a sunday afternoon rather than say tuesday evening?

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
glad that it was a good thing and worked out for everyone, but still think he should have given her some time to reflect, weigh the decision. what real benefit did he get by getting his answer on a sunday afternoon rather than say tuesday evening?
This is an 18U Gold team if that makes any difference in your opinion.

That's the point of the end of the season one on ones. Are you gonna stay or go? Pretty standard question. I need to figure out what holes I need to fill if you plan on leaving. If you can't answer the question with a simple yes or no, then you are already mentally out the door. Btw, this team rarely had turnover and the coach has a very good standing in the softball community for 20+ years. This player was known to be a team hopper.

May 4, 2016
Most likely the parents, for the most part you are right imo about younger people being more accepting. If it is the girls it's probably still the parents who raised them to be that way.

Pretty, sure it was a parent or two. It was the worst night of her softball journey. She was devastated when I told her.

Mar 10, 2020
All taken care of. Several parents started a group text about the problem. Which got sent to more parents. Each adding a compelling comment. After more than half the team replied. Text was sent to HC. By 9pm problem resolved. It took the village.

Oct 4, 2018
Really? How does that even play out ? Usually the guy who's coaching started the team. How do parents go about doing that? Just curious how they pulled that off. ?

I also agree with others, that the core of the problem isn't always the parents. The reasons why they may "complain" can vary greatly. Sometimes it could be due to an abusive coach that is creating the toxic environment. It grows more and more toxic and things may occur that leads to some parents getting upset at what is happening and gotta make tough choices.

We kindly asked our coach to leave. In 12U. It was kind of bizarre, and I wasn't really a part of it. She's a great woman (really young) and knows softball really well. But just has a lot going on in her life and perhaps wasn't giving the girls (and team) the amount of attention and time they wanted/needed. I hope she comes back to coaching soon, she's a good person with a lot to share.

Oct 4, 2018
I know of two 12U girls kicked off their teams mid-season because dads were hounding the coaches. Bitching about playing time and such. Girls just weren't good enough to deal with that noise. Buh bye.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr