Just leave

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 10, 2020
Take your complaining and leave. Stop being the agitator because you dont think the coach is fair then stick around throwing fits. The mother cries.
The father yells.
All in for cutting families like this.
Coach just do it!

Apr 28, 2014
They'll just go down the street and another team will cash their check. When you see team jumpers it's a red ?
Sadly many times it's not the kid, it's the parents.

Oct 4, 2018
I encourage and sometimes suggest to coaches which players to cut. :p

Kidding, but I certainly support the coaches when they do. By the time the coach finally cuts a family, I was there weeks ago.

Apr 28, 2014
Once you get to 18s everyone, players included, know who is a baller and who isn't.
Most parents that make it that far settle down. The kids are usually commited so that parental stress is gone. At that point the team and players have different goals. Maybe win a big championship or sharpen skills before college. Most drama occurs at 12s and 14s. I think a lot of it comes from parents who are starting to realize that their DD isn't gonna end up at UCLA.

Last edited:
May 27, 2013
DD has never been on a team where someone was kicked off. Are we just lucky, or is that exceedingly rare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I‘ve never seen players who wanted to return let go until the end of this past summer. Girls were let go who missed a lot of practices (by choice) and others who failed to develop and change their ways after a couple of seasons. They now play for lower level teams.

Apr 28, 2014
DD has never been on a team where someone was kicked off. Are we just lucky, or is that exceedingly rare?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen players get moved down after fall season. The fall season is a good indicator if the player can cut it for Summer.

May 4, 2016
My DD was kicked off a team while recuperating an injury. Or it could also have been because one of the players found out she’s gay. Needless to say it worked out for the better and she lit them up the couple of times she played them before that team folded.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbatistejr