Jordyn Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 19, 2021
totally unsubstantiated opinions that this two inches somehow provides a massive advantage, for which no one has provided any evidence.
Doesn’t take a Phd in Physics to figure out the advantage gained. Unless you simply don’t want to believe it.

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
Is it an advantage that it can irritate other people when a pitcher does it?

😏Wisenheimer question...

Feb 25, 2020
She is not quite on this level. Sole of the drive foot back on the ground.

Maybe the OU equipment person can tape a 2 inch piece of kydex to her drive foot toe. And we could discuss how great she can be

Last edited:
Jul 16, 2019
We are not upset at the pitcher. But I felt ppl who allowed her to get this far and still pitching illegally should be blamed. Umpires didn't call on her when she was 10u, coaches who didn't correct it. And maybe parents who rationalize it in this case?

I don't think she will change her mechanics. It is not just a couple of MPH here. Throwing hard also means the balls spins hard. And the location is all about timing. So all three S are gone. It is too late to change now. And it is almost unfair for her to ask her to change now.

Jun 8, 2016
We are not upset at the pitcher. But I felt ppl who allowed her to get this far and still pitching illegally should be blamed. Umpires didn't call on her when she was 10u, coaches who didn't correct it. And maybe parents who rationalize it in this case?
Fair enough.

Sep 15, 2015
Doesn’t take a Phd in Physics to figure out the advantage gained. Unless you simply don’t want to believe it.

So what is the advantage in mph gained? 0-3, 3-5, 5-7, more? I’m not looking for a statistical study. Just anecdotally, what evidence can you supply from your kid, or students, or teammates, or yourself?

My kid tried leaping for two weeks last summer and lost 2 mph. Threw about 800 pitches that way in August. Said she felt too up, not enough out. Hence my skepticism. But maybe she’s the outlier. Would not be the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aug 1, 2019
MN
....I should probably tell you guys, Jordy is one of the coolest, most genuine, God loving, family oriented kids I've ever known. EVERYTHING she does is for her family and deep in her faith....
Thanks for the character witness. The imagination fills in blanks it probably shouldn't when one doesn't have the opportunity to know her or her family. The way this thread was unfolding, all I could envision was the similarities to the Ball family from basketball a few years ago with their arrogant dad thinking the game should revolve around his sons, constantly capturing headlines, and thriving on controversy as PR.

Jul 31, 2015
So what is the advantage in mph gained? 0-3, 3-5, 5-7, more? I’m not looking for a statistical study. Just anecdotally, what evidence can you supply from your kid, or students, or teammates, or yourself?

Impossible to answer, as the advantage is individualistic. But also, it doesn’t matter.

The question should be - can leaping, skipping, replanting pitchers be effective pitching within the rules, ie do they have the mechanics to pitch legally?

In Kelly Barnhills case the answer was yes, she was still very effective once the replants were curbed, albeit less dominant. Enforcing the rules evened things out between her and the offense.

JB doesn’t seem to have the benefit of a consistent replant (pitching from ~35 ft) but there is undisturbed dirt where there should be drag marks throughout her games. KB was able to dial the replant back in real time; not clear how much non-leaping pitching JB is capable of. Hopefully we will find out soon, and hopefully, pitching within the rules, she’ll continue to do well.

TMD

Feb 18, 2016
A 13 page thread in less than 2 days? For a second there, I thought I was on robocoach, but then realized this thread hasn't devolved into a stream of racist, misogynistic, homophobic, far-right vs far-left nonsense and has actually stayed on point and more or less respectful. Well done, DFP!

As for the topic at hand, yes she leaps and yes by rule it should be called (and apparently is was at least a few times over the weekend). I also agree that leaping will be made legal during the next rules cycle...but it's not legal yet.

Oh, and Dad's tweets definitely do not help...dad/mom tweets NEVER help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Momma2ma