Jordy Bahl transfers!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 27, 2022
My daughter has fond memories of the great state of Oklahoma. Played at OSU and graduated from OU , got married and lived there a total of 10 years. Grass is always greener somewhere else I guess. Best of luck to her
The grass in Oklahoma is never 'green'... literally.

May 20, 2016
Good for her. Whatever reason she is leaving. Already has a NC. Maybe she was miserable there. Hopefully she's a kid that realized it's just a game.

Oct 4, 2018
I realize we are all speculating here, but this could be a good move for her for many reasons. First, she has done just about everything you can do on the field (all-American, two national championships, MVP of World Series etc) so she is really just looking at two more years of the same if she stays at OU. The pressure to win is outrageous there, and anything other than perfection would be considered a disappointment. Two more years of that level of stress doesn't seem that appealing.

Whereas, if she leaves OU that stress is gone. If she does want to hit etc, I doubt her new coach would have a problem with it. Hell, most schools would probably let her catch if she wanted. She also gets to be closer to friends and family. Her next two years are going to be a blast. From my utterly uninformed point of view, this will be a great move for her.

This was my thought too. I'll bet it's a HUGE relief leaving. The amount of stress on her (much self-imposed, I'm sure) must have been almost crippling.

May 13, 2023
She is not the first to leave the Oklahoma program.

Certainly what is going on behind the scenes is tremendously more than just academics and softball.
No longer develop a program.
Just build it moneyball style 🤷‍♀️ who will sit in the throne next?.....
NIL Moneyball making its impact....
$$$$$ imbalance.

Screenshot_20230613-065432_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 8, 2016
I think that is what @RADcatcher was saying ... that big market style doesn't always work.
I think Rad put a period where a comma belonged and didn't know what Moneyball meant but now
that you gave her an opening I am sure she will run with it since admitting she was wrong might turn her
into a pumpkin..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salgonzalez