Not the best start for Jordy Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 15, 2021
I heard the announcers saying something about other teams complaining about the dirt having a lot of clay or something. Maybe cleats dug in and got stuck.

Aug 21, 2008
I heard the announcers saying something about other teams complaining about the dirt having a lot of clay or something. Maybe cleats dug in and got stuck.
It is a wonder what kind of agreement was put in place for field conditions and maintenance. While I have never pitched at that exact place, I have played in Mexico and can tell you I didn't care much for the field maintenance. To say "it wasn't a priority" would be quite an understatement. All that said, I didn't see much in the way of holes. At least not that I thought would cause that.

Strike2

Allergic to BS
Nov 14, 2014
It is a wonder what kind of agreement was put in place for field conditions and maintenance. While I have never pitched at that exact place, I have played in Mexico and can tell you I didn't care much for the field maintenance. To say "it wasn't a priority" would be quite an understatement. All that said, I didn't see much in the way of holes. At least not that I thought would cause that.

That facility doesn't look very impressive on TV. The dugouts and field condition remind me of some of the more dilapidated places my kid played in youth ball. It doesn't, in any way, resemble a venue where a top-level D1 event should be held.

Dec 11, 2010
My daughter played there. It was a dump. Half the team got sick after the coaches challenged them to eat raw oysters being distributed out of a bucket.

Going to Puerto Vallarta for softball is stupid. El Chapo’s son got abducted from a restaurant there. A former Jalisco governor was shot at a beachfront resort. It is a cartel stronghold. Stuff happens every day. Even if “they wouldn’t do this to a busload of Americans”, bullets fly there. Just a gimmick to put money in someone’s pocket and it isn’t worth it.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad