Not the best start for Jordy Bahl

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
So should a paraphrase. I blew my knew out on shitty fields in Mexico and will be under the knife very soon but should be able to return next year because NCAA has some crazy red shirt rules that I plan to take advantage of. I cant wait to chart pitches.

Aug 1, 2019
MN
So should a paraphrase. I blew my knew out on shitty fields in Mexico and will be under the knife very soon but should be able to return next year because NCAA has some crazy red shirt rules that I plan to take advantage of. I cant wait to chart pitches.
I shouldn't laugh, but sometimes that's all you can do. I have no connection other than looking forward to watching her pitch on TV, but I still feel bad for her.

Feb 10, 2018
NoVA
Sorry to hear it and wish her a speed recovery. She and Nebraska were going to be one of the great story lines of this college softball season.

Aug 21, 2008
Nov 9, 2021
I hope she recovers fast, she is good for the game.

I can’t help but wonder if the new leaping rules might lead to more injuries for female pitchers. Girls have ACL tears at a greater rate than guys. Landing like that has to put you at a higher risk I would think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

May 27, 2013
I hope she recovers fast, she is good for the game.

I can’t help but wonder if the new leaping rules might lead to more injuries for female pitchers. Girls have ACL tears at a greater rate than guys. Landing like that has to put you at a higher risk I would think.

Got to be honest - I was wondering this same thing.

Hope Jordy has a speedy recovery - love watching her compete!

Nov 9, 2021
Got to be honest - I was wondering this same thing.

Hope Jordy has a speedy recovery - love watching her compete!

I know in basketball the number of ACL tears is significantly higher for women. Now that rules basically allow girls to pitch like men’s fastpitch, I wonder what the consequences may be. Probably be a few years before we really know. But it makes me hesitant to want to change too much with my DD right now. Hopefully it won’t be an issue and pitchers can stay healthy. But definitely a concern of mine as well.

LEsoftballdad

DFP Vendor
Jun 29, 2021
NY
I know in basketball the number of ACL tears is significantly higher for women. Now that rules basically allow girls to pitch like men’s fastpitch, I wonder what the consequences may be. Probably be a few years before we really know. But it makes me hesitant to want to change too much with my DD right now. Hopefully it won’t be an issue and pitchers can stay healthy. But definitely a concern of mine as well.

As long as you don't go to that teacher who-shall-not-be-named from California, you should be good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi