Interesting Observation

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
OK guys, I'll start paying more attention to MLB infielders, but I know that Lindor wear's his traditional, being a Mets fan he was the first one I looked at. Peter Alonzo is also traditional.

Last edited:
May 23, 2015
Changing when they become a pro or somebody showing them it when they were 10 and then just wearing it that way...big difference ?
Fingers are faster than hands and hands are faster than arms. That why you don't cram your hand in the glove regardless of what finger stalls you're using. Teach them early and often

Elite infielders use their glove as a speed breaker or ramp to it to their transfer hand

Jun 8, 2016
Elite infielders use their glove as a speed breaker or ramp to it to their transfer hand
Right but I honestly don't see how fast fingers in the glove hand expedite the deflection that should be taking place when squaring up a GB (or when turning a DP and receiving a relay throw). That said I will freely admit I never wore it palm out like that so I haven't felt the difference. Maybe that was the difference between just being a college IF and playing SS for the Red Sox? ;)

May 23, 2015
OK guys, I'll start paying more attention to MLB infielders, but I know that Lindor where's his traditional, being a Mets fan he was the first one I looked at. Peter Alonzo is also traditional.
Lindor has very tiny hands. His glove is very custom/crazy of memory serves. I would be surprised if he's traditional. Alonzo I haven't seen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elhoff86