instagram as a recruiting tool

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 8, 2016
I have a special talent for finding fault in any video of my kid. If she starts using social media for recruiting purposes I am going to have to unfollow her or else I am going to tell her to take every video down 😂

May 21, 2018
I'm actually enjoying twitter more now than I used to. I find less noise than just a few weeks ago. But my interests are different than most people. I tend to listen to sports radio on Xm because I actually want to hear about sports. I would rather hear a breakdown of the upcoming football game than a discussion about Tom Brady's marriage... Unfortunately drama sells, so I'm left with limited options.
I'm now getting a ton of tweets in Spanish. The extent of my espanol is pretty much, "one more beer please?" and " which way is the bathroom?" :LOL:

Last edited:
May 16, 2016
The focus of the post is on the video, not Joe. Joe produces more than the average Twitter worker.
Elon Musk is an idiot...

Elon Musk on Wednesday. The CEO asked Twitter employees to either commit to an “extremely hardcore” culture at the company that involves “long hours at high intensity” or leave with severance, the Verge reported. Anyone who did not sign the pledge by 5 p.m. ET Thursday would reportedly receive three months of severance pay, The Washington Post reported.

Unemployment is at a 20 year low, and he offers everyone 3 months severance if they quit? LOL, no wonder they are leaving in droves...

Jun 8, 2016
AIiCPTA.gif

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
It's beginning to sound as though Twitter was quite bloated with employees who did nothing. Twitter seems to be still working. There may be some people that stop using Twitter, but they'll be back.
I tried to find the original video from this Rogan podcast, but this is all ya get. Notice how there are no employees in the building to take advantage of all the perks.

It's not just going to stop working because some people quit. With all the people who have left, it's kind of like an airplane mid-flight where the pilot drops dead. The plane is still gonna fly for a while, but if something goes wrong you have a problem, and eventually you need to land the plane.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Attended a college coach round table discussion with DD yesterday. They all agreed that the first thing they do after an email contact is search Twitter for a player account.

It’s more reliably sport-specific than just typing a name into Google. They also said that it’s a dependable way to see if a potential recruit has committed to another school, as they often put commitments in their headers but don’t always contact other schools to inform them that they’ve made their choice.

Did any of them say what happens if the recruit doesn't have twitter? Do they consider that a negative?

Jul 14, 2018
Did any of them say what happens if the recruit doesn't have twitter? Do they consider that a negative?

No, they didn’t say. Just that it’s the first place they look to cut through the clutter.

They did say to be careful what you post and like, they won’t drop a kid because of Twitter but it can be a red flag that contributes to the big picture if there are other problems, especially grades.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles