here's one for you all

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 20, 2015
People don't seem to share which college their DD goes to. Just an observation. I may share that if and when the time comes, but would love to know which programs and schools are great for your DD's so they can potentially be added to our list.

DD1 is a first year at Simmons Univ in Boston

DD2's list is kind of down to Middlebury, Colby, UNE, Simmons & WPI......but we shall see

Oct 4, 2018
DD1 is a first year at Simmons Univ in Boston

DD2's list is kind of down to Middlebury, Colby, UNE, Simmons & WPI......but we shall see

Thank you.

I'm continuously impressed by the high number of solid universities in and around Boston.

What is it about smaller schools that attracts your daughters? I don't think my oldest is cut out for a huge Ohio State type university, but I can't get her to comment on it.

May 20, 2015
Thank you.

I'm continuously impressed by the high number of solid universities in and around Boston.

What is it about smaller schools that attracts your daughters? I don't think my oldest is cut out for a huge Ohio State type university, but I can't get her to comment on it.

my two come from a HS that is averaging around 75 Ss in their graduating classes, so they are used to small, community vibes

DD didn't think she wanted all female until she sat in on a class.....she loves the all female classrooms......the all female outside of the class not as much, but it's Boston, so.....

i went to UMASS amherst out of high school and then got my degree from springfield college.......after having experienced both, i really talked up the small school vibe; knowing "everyone" and the personal relationship with professors and the school in general just cannot be oversold imho

being in or around boston is kind of the best of both worlds when you pick a smaller school.....you get the community will still getting the city

May 20, 2015
to me, especially if your child has any introvert tendencies or at least isn't socially outgoing, it is both easier to hide/get lost at a big school, and it is easier to find your niche at a smaller school......

that being said, there's sometimes more going on at a larger school/more diversity.......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bmac81802