instagram as a recruiting tool

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 13, 2017
That path started when the post was created and saying twitter spiraling down the toilet. The left is so upset over twitter this week. Getting my popcorn ready. This should be a fun read.

May 20, 2015
Twitter in the recent past has been an ever increasing dumpster fire, and it has only gotten worse......advertisers are fleeing, it's a dying platform, regardless of one's beliefs it's a sh!tshow that isn't going to improve

coach just yesterday mentioned IG (seems like most team accounts tend to be run by young coaches, many of whom also work with recruits) and also mentioned she was no longer using twitter......just sensing a trend there, i suspect many who use twitter will continue to use it, for now, but looks like other avenues may be opening

and i get the "send emails and go to camps" bit.....this is DD#2, we have a little insight into the game at this point......but social media helps, it keeps things fresh and allows for frequent, easy contact.......was simply specifically asking for anyone that has used IG as another arrow in the quiver

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
Twitter is where I go to find news from all sides. Usually differs from what the Main Stream outlets are feeding us. I've also become better at finding Bots usually run by Russian Troll Farms. I prefer to follow IG for softball stuff.

Jun 8, 2016
Twitter in the recent past has been an ever increasing dumpster fire, and it has only gotten worse......advertisers are fleeing, it's a dying platform, regardless of one's beliefs it's a sh!tshow that isn't going to improve

coach just yesterday mentioned IG (seems like most team accounts tend to be run by young coaches, many of whom also work with recruits) and also mentioned she was no longer using twitter......just sensing a trend there, i suspect many who use twitter will continue to use it, for now, but looks like other avenues may be opening

and i get the "send emails and go to camps" bit.....this is DD#2, we have a little insight into the game at this point......but social media helps, it keeps things fresh and allows for frequent, easy contact.......was simply specifically asking for anyone that has used IG as another arrow in the quiver
I don’t think it can hurt so if it doesn’t take much effort to add that to one’s social media presence (if you feel that having one is important in this context) why not do it?

May 20, 2015
I don’t think it can hurt so if it doesn’t take much effort to add that to one’s social media presence (if you feel that having one is important in this context) why not do it?

well i'm not doing it lol.......but agreed, was just looking to see if others had found it worthwhile

May 20, 2015
Twitter is where I go to find news from all sides. Usually differs from what the Main Stream outlets are feeding us. I've also become better at finding Bots usually run by Russian Troll Farms. I prefer to follow IG for softball stuff.

i used to get all/most of my sports news there, as well as some other news.......seems like most sports guys have gone the 'post for follows' hot take route, and i just find less and less value there these days......as to the rest, well, it gets harder and harder to suffer through the nonsense

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aclee4414