how would you feel?? tournament issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 10, 2013
I wasn't upset we didn't make it to championship game. In the past we were lucky to make it past the first elimination game. This is the first season we have even placed in the top 3. I didn't know till yesterday that all the 16u stuff was gonna be gone from the website so yes it had no affects on me. That being said I'm sorry that people felt I was coming across as a sore loser out for a trophy that's far from the case. I'm happy if we make past round one on Sunday. Like I said in an earlier response I was happy to be the only team that didnt get run ruled by this particular team.

May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
It was in an NSA tournament, that obviously was not sanctioned in the 16u age group, as none of them got points for it. So in essence, as far as NSA is concerned, they played in one age group. If they had been awarded points for both championships, then I could understand the concern there, and the gripe. However, we have no idea what they were presented with. The TD could have told them that they needed them to play in the 16u group to fill it out, but that they would get no points for it, would not be able to see the competition in the 14u group, and would be forced into a single elimination scenario on Sunday. So for basically taking Saturday off since the games they played that day did not count for them at all, we question their integrity? Again, sounds like OP is upset that his team didn't get in championship game because the others were too good. But, this is just my opinion, and we know what those are worth.

Now that at least is a better way to present it and adds some cred as to why you think it's a non issue. Fair enough.

Sep 14, 2011
Glendale, AZ
Given that NSA wouldn't allow it in championship play I'm surprised no one sees the rule as a big deal. Given the outcome I'm surprised no one questions the ethics of the coaches in playing back down the next day.

I am definitely not an NSA rules guru, but I would think the intent of the rule you posted would be to prevent a single player from playing on a 14u team and a different 16u team in the same tournament. While you can make the rule you quoted "fit" the OP situation, I don't believe that is why it was put in place.

May 23, 2012
Eastlake, OH
I am definitely not an NSA rules guru, but I would think the intent of the rule you posted would be to prevent a single player from playing on a 14u team and a different 16u team in the same tournament. While you can make the rule you quoted "fit" the OP situation, I don't believe that is why it was put in place.

I get that. I suppose that may have been the intent for someone. With the way it's worded it does not seem to leave an exception for a player to do so as part of an entire team. So I can also suppose the intent for someone else was to not have a team or a player play in multiple age groups in the same tournament. That would be how I viewed it anyway. In a more practical sense I just don't see this happening from my experience. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Obviously it did in this case. Do you or the others reading the thread see this often if at all?

Sep 10, 2013
I get that. I suppose that may have been the intent for someone. With the way it's worded it does not seem to leave an exception for a player to do so as part of an entire team. So I can also suppose the intent for someone else was to not have a team or a player play in multiple age groups in the same tournament. That would be how I viewed it anyway. In a more practical sense I just don't see this happening from my experience. Doesn't mean it doesn't happen. Obviously it did in this case. Do you or the others reading the thread see this often if at all?

We played in softball nation a few weekends ago and they combined 16U and 18U for pool play Saturday and then separated them on sunday for elimination games. Ive always seen it done that way or a team playing up and playing there all weekend. I have never seen a team play both age groups in the same tournament.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dothekindthing