How to throw better

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Austin's book is great in showing how a high level throw can be achieved. I go back and look at the videos frequently. I do know that if you do some of the things he suggests, you may have coaches try to "correct" it. We've found that out from experience. DD's throwing has improved dramatically though we still have to remind her at times about using her body better, etc... DD used to have a lot of elbow pain but hasn't had any for the last 5 months or so until this past weekend. She threw the ball from close to the fence dead on to home plate stopping a run, but she said it really hurt after that. Feels good now though.
It takes a lot of time, so be patient:)

On IMlearnings advice I bought the ebook. It was almost instant improvement. We went through the book, did just a few of the drills and it was an "aha, so this is how it is suppose to feel."
(Sorry IM, didn't mean to go against your "long time" comment).

Her throwdowns now beat EVERY runner...average runners by some humorous distances. She is getting lazy with her transfer and footwork though. We went over some of vid we got last night...I pointed out some things and I got the "I threw her out, didn't I?" She'll work on it, but I think it will take a couple of speed demons to get her fired up to work on it.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2011
On IMlearnings advice I bought the ebook. It was almost instant improvement. We went through the book, did just a few of the drills and it was an "aha, so this is how it is suppose to feel."
(Sorry IM, didn't mean to go against your "long time" comment).

Her throwdowns now beat EVERY runner...average runners by some humorous distances. She is getting lazy with her transfer and footwork though. We went over some of vid we got last night...I pointed out some things and I got the "I threw her out, didn't I?" She'll work on it, but I think it will take a couple of speed demons to get her fired up to work on it.
No problem RHC. The main reason it maybe has taken her more time, and Austin knows this, is she has a hard headed coach that believes in the "L method" and wrist flicks etc... Yet, the other day her coach said she has a cannon...but it's because of his training of course.
Despite his hard head...I still like the coach:)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
phoebeschultz