how many touranments do you play

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 31, 2012
See you there! We have six tourneys scheduled and will play 8 or 9 more starting in March before the USFA 12U Worlds in July.

We played Usssa Disney last season for 10u. Ended up playing the same teams that we played all year. I'm sure we will see some new teams in PCB

Sep 24, 2013
Midwest
We're going to be out at Hidden Valley with O's Simbeck, Lightning Walls, Core, Bandits, probably Jazz...

Man, I really like O's Simbeck. They thrashed us in a scrimmage once, but were so classy doing it. :-D

Too far of a drive for us. We cant seem to find good league competition anymore.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
We play HS ball in the Fall in GA, so TB practice starts in January and goes until ASA Nationals at the end of the July. We will play @ 15 tournaments this year (16U) starting in March - weather permitting.

Mar 26, 2013
In the 2 years prior to HS, the team only played around 10 tourneys each year (1-2 fall, 1-2 winter, 3-4 spring, 3-4 summer incl. ASA/USA Nats). On the weekends w/o a tourney, they practiced for 4 hours on Sat and played a 3-game friendly on Sunday. Their fees were around $650/year (not including uniforms, etc.).

Sep 29, 2010
Knoxville, TN
We played Usssa Disney last season for 10u. Ended up playing the same teams that we played all year. I'm sure we will see some new teams in PCB

We went two years ago as a second year 10U. There were around 75 teams in the B bracket. I think we played seven or eight games and never played another team from Tennessee.

Apr 1, 2010
Dinosaur. What's it cost for the team to have a worth sponsorship.

Primarily you have to have a coach who's willing to build a relationship with the sponsoring company and its rep. We parents and girls all had to commit to using only their bats and wearing only their uniforms. The girls can use whatever gloves, cleats and undershirts they want.

I know that the team paid for our uniforms the first year--not sure if they came out of team funds this year or not. So I guess it cost whatever the difference was between the Worth uniforms and a bargain set of unis. Of course we get a discount, so we're only paying about half-price for Worth and Rawling products anyhow.

IMO, the big price for most girls would be having to give up a favorite bat. Our girls don't even carry other brands in their bags.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Meganmichelle