How is travel for college away games handled?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 11, 2012
D3 and they fundraiser for the spring break trip. Whatever your player doesn’t raise you are responsible for.
In season they use the bus or vans or occasionally the subway to get to games and practices.

Nov 29, 2009
My DD played DII. Everything was paid for by the school when traveling. If they wanted something extra the individual player had to pay for it. They did a Florida trip every spring for a week they flew to. When they traveled for conference games or other games they went by bus. They were the furthest north school of the conference loacted in southern Wisconsin. The conference ranged from central Missouri to Kentucky as the furthest points for them to travel to. The team spent a lot of time studying and sleeping on the bus. They did a team fundraiser which was usually spirit wear. Nothing crazy.

Aug 27, 2019
Lakewood CA.
My DD is a freshman at a nice NAIA school. They do a few fundraisers including working at LA Rams games in different positions. The money they would be paid goes to the team. They are working the Super Bowl coming up too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

radness

Possibilities & Opportunities!
Dec 13, 2019
My DD is a freshman at a nice NAIA school. They do a few fundraisers including working at LA Rams games in different positions. The money they would be paid goes to the team. They are working the Super Bowl coming up too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hmmm? That's interesting labor for hire.

Those seem like fun opportunities though!...
Maybe pending what they have to do 😁

Aug 6, 2013
Hmmm? That's interesting labor for hire.

Those seem like fun opportunities though!...
Maybe pending what they have to do 😁
I think that happens pretty frequently. One of the schools DD toured the softball team works West Point football games as their mandatory fundraising - this is a D2 school. Another school in the Baltimore area works Ravens games (heard this from a commit who is going there next year). Many stadiums utilize "fundraising" groups to come in and work their concessions and or work as ushers. When we lived in KC and my boys were in band the band booster parents would work Sporting KC games. We worked in a concession stand one season and I vowed I would NEVER do that again. I would go broke paying the costs of travel for their spring trip, lol. Then the next year the group got moved to a VIP member only area where all we had to do was serve beer and I absolutely loved that - no cash registers no food service. I did that pretty frequently and made a decent amount to go toward their trip.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Preschuck