Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
If you don't mind divulging (if you do mind, totally understand), what sort of drills do they have her doing to work on the stuff you mentioned?

For the most part, I do my front toss pretty fast (maybe about 20 mph from 15 ft or so) and mix in CU. I also rarely throw one down the middle. The only exception is when she is doing top hand drills with baseballs...those are usually a little bit slower. That said I don't think it is horrible idea to mix in different front toss speeds as long as the pitch trajectory is pretty flat.
This breaks down the philosophy:

Aug 20, 2017
No, but I'll take it over coming up and out of posture.
She looks good! I like the rear foot turned slightly in to help hip coil and prevent the back knee from shifting over the rear foot. They tend to get stuck there on live pitching. She doesn’t get stuck on this one though. I doubt she has the arch at the finish during live AB due to ready to run. She shifts forward during the stride well. Sequence if off some. Don’t want to say swinging the foot down but it looks that way. Want the upper to still be resisting at foot down. Could be timing related. She will probably grow out of that. Still got a lot of pop! Looks very strong!

Reactions: TDS

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Southpaw32