Help with this issue

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2020
I can't throw 62 mph. Help!
They are getting in their softball pitching machine and they plan on using it to train speed but they only have 33 feet. They mentioned training about 5 miles an hour above what she sees in a game. I think it is part of their program. We shall see.

Oct 2, 2017
IMO the most important thing, is that she is happy and you feel that the instruction she is getting is what she needs and is worth the investment.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
This is from few days earlier but only her second time there

Thats a good swing. You know how I know? She hits 7 lasers in a row. No pop ups, foul balls or roll overs. Talking about the spin of the ball on a pulled hit. Thats deep. I like it. Coach could throw a little harder.

Jun 8, 2016
If you don't mind divulging (if you do mind, totally understand), what sort of drills do they have her doing to work on the stuff you mentioned?

For the most part, I do my front toss pretty fast (maybe about 20 mph from 15 ft or so) and mix in CU. I also rarely throw one down the middle. The only exception is when she is doing top hand drills with baseballs...those are usually a little bit slower. That said I don't think it is horrible idea to mix in different front toss speeds as long as the pitch trajectory is pretty flat.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2020
If you don't mind divulging (if you do mind, totally understand), what sort of drills do they have her doing to work on the stuff you mentioned?

For the most part, I do my front toss pretty fast (maybe about 20 mph from 15 ft or so) and mix in CU. I also rarely throw one down the middle. The only exception is when she is doing top hand drills with baseballs...those are usually a little bit slower. That said I don't think it is horrible idea to mix in different front toss speeds as long as the pitch trajectory is pretty flat.
For bat path (north/south) they do top and bottom hand drills with the chuck it dog toy and also throwing baseballs. For snap finish they have a bat with a towel on the end. For hip hinge and also bat path they do front toss standing with the net close behind you. The do slow motion swings and manipulate the body into the positions they want. They take a lot of video and stop in between swings to review the video. They use Rhapsodo for exit velocity and spin.

Apr 20, 2018
SoCal
For bat path (north/south) they do top and bottom hand drills with the chuck it dog toy and also throwing baseballs. For snap finish they have a bat with a towel on the end. For hip hinge and also bat path they do front toss standing with the net close behind you. The do slow motion swings and manipulate the body into the positions they want. They take a lot of video and stop in between swings to review the video. They use Rhapsodo for exit velocity and spin.
Tell them to spend the $30 and get the line drive pro. Same idea as Chuck it dog toy but her on own bat.