Help finding a face mask for pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 14, 2019
I was looking up more info on the Boombah Titanium mask and it was listed at 6.7 oz. The RIP-IT Defense Pro Mask was 11.04 oz. Would the Boombah really be that much lighter? I'm wondering if the Boombah was without the straps and the Rip-It was with? Was bigger difference than I expected.
Also, it was hard to tell from the picture on the website, doe the Boombah strap come with a hole for a ponytail? I assume it does but was hard to tell for sure.

My DD started with a Rip-It mask and we got her a Boombah Defcon Titanium last season. Hands down prefers the Boombah and would not be willing to switch back at all. We weighed it and the Rip-It on our kitchen scales and the Rip-It weighs almost twice as much as the Boombah. You just won't believe the weight difference until you hold them in your hands. Yes, the Boombah costs nearly double but it's totally worth it in our opinion.

Apr 28, 2014
DD fought me until freshman year of HS in the playoffs. She is the only travel pitcher on her HS team and had a line drive graze her scalp during semi finals of states. I asked her after the game what would happen with the team if she got hit and couldn't pitch the rest of the season. Lightbulb went off and she started wearing it. Has ever since. Sometimes you gotta think differently about how to appeal to them.
Masks are fully adjustable to any size head. Go with an adult size.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles