First Base Glove Suggestions

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
Haha! I try to have the buy once, cry once mentality on these things. I know she's young and her love for softball may change, but as of now she's super dedicated to the sport. I'd rather her have a glove that will last more than 2 years and if all else fails, it could be my new beer league glove!
Oh I'm not talking about the money side of it, although Morton's does have a continual 10% off coupon always going, I'm talking about a glove you can throw through a wall for a 10 year old! So two years, yeah that's no problem!

Feb 25, 2022
I believe the 12.75 LA is a Dick's exclusive, but don't quote me. Before diving into a new mitt, have you had the mitt re-laced or tightened up? My daughter has the 13" LA for her backup position at 1B, and she doesn't use it very often, so I just tightened the laces to bring it back to life. I find the LA 1B mitt has a problem loosening up pretty quickly, but it will snap back if you can either tighten the laces or re-lace the mitt. The cost of re-lacing the mitt might be too much for a lower-cost product, but maybe you can do it yourself to save a few bucks.

A new HOH or A2000 will be very stiff and take a while to break in. They will last a long time, though.
I should have mentioned in the OP. I have tightened the laces up twice. I saw that in a thread awhile ago and it did help out, but this glove has seen better days. Part of that is also that the glove was just being tossed in the bag. After reading advice here, she now wraps her glove with a ball in it before putting in her bag. The damage was already done to the LA, but her Bradley has kept a beautiful pocket shape.

Apr 8, 2019
What is the purpose of the separation on the pinky side of the DCT? Are there advantages or disadvantages to it versus a glove that is just one big piece?

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
What is the purpose of the separation on the pinky side of the DCT? Are there advantages or disadvantages to it versus a glove that is just one big piece?
That's a question I honestly have no answer to, and trust me, I looked! So I just texted someone to find us both an answer. I could try to give a educated guess to why I think there's a split or separation there, but it really would be a guess!

Jun 8, 2016
See.....there it is!! 🥺
Hey..you are closer to retiring than I am..that is a good thing. In theory I can retire with full pension in 13 years but my youngest will still be in HS so that won’t be happening..

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rathouse