Help finding a face mask for pitching

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 6, 2020
My daughter just started to get serious about softball and decided I needed to get her a mask. I'd hoped to have her try on a few to see what felt the best but not really an option with the current state of things. She is 5'7" 125lbs but has a pretty small head. I'm assuming I'd need to get an adult size but hopefully one that runs on the smaller side. I can get some measurements if it would be of any help. Hopefully something light and doesn't impact her vision much. She is fighting me on wearing one but this is one fight she will not win. Thanks for any help.

Jun 23, 2018
Texas
DD pitches and plays 3rd. Used a standard RipIt for 4 1/2 years. It works.

BTW, our rule is: You will wear a face mask till you have your own insurance. (I'm OK if she doesn't wear it in the outfield, DW doesn't like it, but she gives in on that.)

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
My DD had both a Rip-It and Schutt until college. She preferred the Schutt because of a bigger chin pad that was more comfortable for her. She has a large head though. I would recommend the Rip-it for a smaller head now that they offer a bigger chin pad as well. It's not built any better or less better. It just seems to fit a smaller head better IMO...at least that's what I've noticed with my current 12U team.

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2017
Rip-It
Not sure on size though. Dd is 13 and has only had a youth. I bought
her a new chin pad and strap last year.

Apr 28, 2019
My daughter just started to get serious about softball and decided I needed to get her a mask. I'd hoped to have her try on a few to see what felt the best but not really an option with the current state of things. She is 5'7" 125lbs but has a pretty small head. I'm assuming I'd need to get an adult size but hopefully one that runs on the smaller side. I can get some measurements if it would be of any help. Hopefully something light and doesn't impact her vision much. She is fighting me on wearing one but this is one fight she will not win. Thanks for any help.

Boombah

Boombah Defcon Titanium.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sstop28